Home Non Cigar Related

Don't do it, Just saying!

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
If you ever get your nose out of joint here and feel you need to leave, don't go to another cigar forum and talk this one down, Just saying that is NO class whatsoever!

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    IMO this forum has the highest caliber of members. Everyone conducts themselves in a respectfull manner.Truthfully I dont know what there would be to talk about
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Post the link
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Post the link
    Sister site Banter, really uncalled for. Some are still posting over here. I think it is low to post here and then go over there and talk us down.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    What a childish thing to do!
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    The Kid:
    IMO this forum has the highest caliber of members. Everyone conducts themselves in a respectfull manner.Truthfully I dont know what there would be to talk about
    +1
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Clue us in please, link, member(s)...its important to know who you're potentially dealing with...
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Just lame...we're better off without'em
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I am a fairly regular poster over on the other banter but I have been busy today doing yardwork and cleaning the motorcycle. Can you PM me or clue me in Joe Namath?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Clue us in please, link, member(s)...its important to know who you're potentially dealing with...
    Name here is Shaun.Harrison87, known as CigarGuy87 on banter. I don't see where the problem stems from, but apparently we're not a friendly or welcoming community. Oh well...
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Wow maybe him and Ashtray can start a Ccom haters club.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    Name here is Shaun.Harrison87, known as CigarGuy87 on banter. I don't see where the problem stems from, but apparently we're not a friendly or welcoming community. Oh well...

From what I gather, no one wanted to just immediately include him on PIFs/games from the word go based on his history on other forums. It appears to me he didn't wanna put in the work of trades and be an active part of conversations to get involved and known around here.

I say have fun on your one topic forum fella
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    We do have rules around here for a reason. If he wants to cry about it let him. You don't mess with the BORKS.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Flash318Flash318 Posts: 49
    I've been reading the threads/posts on this forum for a short time and have just recently started getting involved. I was welcomed warmly. Mabey picked on a little but its cool. You guys don't know me yet. I am getting a feel for the way things work here and so far I have enjoyed myself. At first I was just looking for info on the hobby, but the the chance to socailize with some friendly people is an added bouns
    I understand the need for rules for partisapation and totaly agree
    Haters will Hate
    Looking forward to sticking around and getting to know some of you guys
    Flash
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    Bad mouthing us over there while posting here the same day is just no class.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    What a childish thing to do!
    +1
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i dont like that forum. not so much because of the people, i dont know the people. what i dont like is that they dont keep it archived, and you cant start your own threads. in all fairness thats why they call it "banter" and not a "forum"

there are people over there that have damn near as many posts as i do here but none of their material is left so that you can read it. its all gone at the end of every day.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    It was a post that I made in the pif section. The question was asked if he should be able to join in the game, he said another guy on here could vouch for him and he had trades "in the works," I stated having made good trades and having them in the works arent the same thing. I wasn't saying he wasn't welcome and didn't say anything negative. Just made a point that we should follow the rules. I mean we didn't all just join the forum and get into the bombing and games after a few post, we did it the right way. If he doesn't like it then oh well. I'm not sorry for what I side but that was pretty low on his part.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    fla-gypsy:
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    It was a post that I made in the pif section. The question was asked if he should be able to join in the game, he said another guy on here could vouch for him and he had trades "in the works," I stated having made good trades and having them in the works arent the same thing. I wasn't saying he wasn't welcome and didn't say anything negative. Just made a point that we should follow the rules. I mean we didn't all just join the forum and get into the bombing and games after a few post, we did it the right way. If he doesn't like it then oh well. I'm not sorry for what I side but that was pretty low on his part.
    i wouldnt apologize. we have seen people get burned in the past. when doing a trade it is always safe to take a "buyer beware" attitude to it.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    kuzi16:
    smoke em if you got em:
    fla-gypsy:
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    i wouldnt apologize. we have seen people get burned in the past. when doing a trade it is always safe to take a "buyer beware" attitude to it.
    Royln you have nothing to apologize for brother you spoke the truth and a huge +1 to what Kuzi said. We've seen great bork's get burned on here by not so great ones.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity how do you find this banter? I've been all over that site and I don't see it or am I just blind?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NVM I figured it out. Not a very good forum site, jumbled up mess guessKuzis right that's why it's called banter. Couldn't find his post just one reply wasn't very friendly?
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    kuzi16:
    smoke em if you got em:
    fla-gypsy:
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    Royln you have nothing to apologize for brother you spoke the truth and a huge +1 to what Kuzi said. We've seen great bork's get burned on here by not so great ones.
    Thanks guys. I don't lose sleep over people like that. I love this forum.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I also told the guy not to mention other cigar websites on a thread I made on here-----which he replied by again mentioning other sites-----then sent me a PM saying he forgave me for "calling him out" or some crap. Sorry if that was supposed to be private, but when you talk ****, do it here not on another board. Weve had plenty of disagreements here w/o having to be a P and spread it to places that you consider more friendly.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for pointing this out. I think it is important for us here to be aware of this type stuff. Like smoke'em said, nothing worth losing sleep over. While I've seen much worse as far as internet pi$$ing contests go, the dude has certainly made his bed as far as this forum goes.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I spoke nothing but the truth on those banter posts. They have been much more accepting to new people ant aren't concerned about being nickle and dimed over cigars and helping out people who are new to these site and not caring about how many posts they have or how many 'bombs' they have sent. I have trades and I will still go through with all of them this week. I have no problem earning my reputation with you guys and if you are insulted by the truth, then you really need to reevaluate yourself and learn to take a little criticism. REMEMBER, IT'S JUST A CIGAR BANTER.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Flash318:
    You guys don't know me yet. I am getting a feel for the way things work here and so far I have enjoyed myself.
    THIS is the difference IMHO - a person should learn what a community is all about and integrate themselves into it (or not), NOT the other way around.

Sorry is anyone made you feel picked on in the forums flash, Im surprised to hear that actually. Most of the regulars here go out of their way to make newcomers feel welcomed - do I need to get my stomping boots out on someone? LOL

The Sniper:
    Flash318:
    You guys don't know me yet. I am getting a feel for the way things work here and so far I have enjoyed myself.
    THIS is the difference IMHO - a person should learn what a community is all about and integrate themselves into it (or not), NOT the other way around.

Sorry is anyone made you feel picked on in the forums flash, Im surprised to hear that actually. Most of the regulars here go out of their way to make newcomers feel welcomed - do I need to get my stomping boots out on someone? LOL

A community should also be inviting and not cold-shouldered towards new members. I have the trades lined up and am still going through with them because that is the type of person I am. Not the type to get upset over a rant on a banter, read the entire series too, it wasn't me fueling the fire. I was merely praising them for all of their help and showing frustration towards a lack of friendliness on this banter.
    If this place was so unwelcoming how come we have so many members? I really have no idea what you're talking about as being nickled and dimed. We ensure that we aren't sending our sticks to someone who isn't gonna send theirs in return and if you truly "have no problem earning your reputation" with us then why are you complaining about how we conduct trades with new members? There's guys on here who have never and will never bomb or trade with anybody but we welcome and treat them the same. The only people we haven't treated the same as anybody are people who have caused problems, had repeated bad trades, and cause drama. I know myself and other brothers here welcomed you with open arms. So this is ridiculous imho
    ENFIDL:
    If this place was so unwelcoming how come we have so many members? I really have no idea what you're talking about as being nickled and dimed. We ensure that we aren't sending our sticks to someone who isn't gonna send theirs in return and if you truly "have no problem earning your reputation" with us then why are you complaining about how we conduct trades with new members? There's guys on here who have never and will never bomb or trade with anybody but we welcome and treat them the same. The only people we haven't treated the same as anybody are people who have caused problems, had repeated bad trades, and cause drama. I know myself and other brothers here welcomed you with open arms. So this is ridiculous imho
    I never felt an open arms welcome except from a few members who I am conducting trades with. I'm not losing any sleep over this as any of you should be either. I plan to conduct my trades and carry on with my business here and with those trades arriving you will see they type of BotL I really am.
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    ENFIDL:
    I never felt an open arms welcome except from a few members who I am conducting trades with. I'm not losing any sleep over this as any of you should be either. I plan to conduct my trades and carry on with my business here and with those trades arriving you will see they type of BotL I really am.
    I know I personally welcomed you and helped you out with your thread saying how we normally do them. Others did the same in the PIF thread. It's kinda hard to welcome someone when they didn't even start a thread to introduce themselves. I fail to see how any of us did anything wrong. I'm not losing sleep over it but when someone says things about people you care about and you don't agree then I'm sure you'd want to get your side out as well