Home Non Cigar Related

Earthquake

smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
So how many of you all felt it. My house freakin shook!

Comments

• kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    Here in Pittsburgh. my office building was evacuated.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    5.9 centered in Virginia near Charlottesville
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no shakin in texas jus baken
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Sorry a hair of the Beard made a run for it and hit the ground.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    LOL, if we could get a few of those hairs in some concrete we could make them earthquake proof!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:

I thought maybe Chuck Norris stopped in to buy some smokes and the Beard put him in his place.
  • Definitely felt in in Raleigh, NC. My wife called me cause she felt it at the house too. Entire office got off their feet wondering wtf it was.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Yeah that was kinda creepy.
    I was going like 70 on the highway and my car started violently shaking I thought I was going to bite it.

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    5.9 centered in Virginia near Charlottesville
    I'm about an hour outside of charlottesville, I actually have to work out there this weekend. Not looking forward to working on the weather but at least I'm on vacation next week.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    I was going like 70 on the highway and my car started violently shaking I thought I was going to bite it.

Glad you are safe bro
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I felt it in NYC. Felt more like a swaying than a shaking. Prob was i was trying to eat and I missed my mouth. All of my cigars were resting peacefully and the damn quake woke em up.
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:

Glad you are safe bro
    Willing to bet it was much more terrifying while not in motion.

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    All present and accounted for. Had a flash back that I didn't enjoy. But everyone is okay.
    RCY Cigars:
    All present and accounted for. Had a flash back that I didn't enjoy. But everyone is okay.
    Man I'm praying for ya bro.
    And thank you again.

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I felt it, my whole building started shaking.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Finally able to post. I was just about to get off work, I'm still here and will be for awhile and I'm out of food....d@mn Those of you who know my job will understand why I'm stuck here...lol glad to see that everybody is ok!
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    That **** was crazy. I remember waking up to the last one we had which was like a shaking. This was like a major swaying back and forth. I work down at the docks and I thought one of the huge cargo or car carrier ships ran aground, lol

Glad to see everyone's ok.

Kind off freaked me out that all the cell phones and landline phones were down when trying to get a hold of people to make sure they were ok.
    ENFIDL:
    Finally able to post. I was just about to get off work, I'm still here and will be for awhile and I'm out of food....d@mn Those of you who know my job will understand why I'm stuck here...lol glad to see that everybody is ok!
    I was worried you were in the middle of it. Glad it worked out OK
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    new fault line along that area just discovered " bushes fault " lol
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    we just had another rumbling aftershock a few minutes ago.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on a pane but my wife said it was felt at home.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    HMMMMM nice little vibrator, but i wouldnt have even noticed that being from Nor Call In the Land of Rock n Roll ! ROTFLMAO
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    fla-gypsy:
    ENFIDL:
    I was worried you were in the middle of it. Glad it worked out OK
    Thanks brother I appreciate the concern. Us NOVA/MD borks seem to have all been blessed and are all safe. God is good!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    SWEET! Now I KNOW that some of those sweet sweet sticks hit the ground during the earthquake... EARTHQUAKE SALE!!! Oh, that Chest of Armada's BROKE OPEN! Well, you can't sell 'em like THAT, Tell ya what... $100 and I'll take 'em off your hands to save you guys some COST... DEAL?