Home General Discussion

One mad woman

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
Look out boys she'll chew you up

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bet the Bahamas are going to suffer. And I'm beginning to wonder about the weather there starting on Sept. 10. That's the day our cruise is scheduled to dock at Freeport for the first of a 4-day cruise.

I'll post a separate thread on it a little later.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    I'll bet the Bahamas are going to suffer. And I'm beginning to wonder about the weather there starting on Sept. 10. That's the day our cruise is scheduled to dock at Freeport for the first of a 4-day cruise.

I'll post a separate thread on it a little later.
    don't worry about Irene...worry about the depression that's forming behind her...

"Long ashes my friends."

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I've seen this before.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I've seen this before.
    x2 , a few times,lol
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    I've seen this before.
    x2 , a few times,lol
    you live (lived) on the Island?
    beatnic:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    I've seen this before.
    x2 , a few times,lol
    ohh yea , about 7 blocks from the seawall , lots still rebuilding from ike, ike's damage really wasnt wind, the storm pushed right up the ship channel thru the jetties and the water flooded the island from behind us from the storm surge
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    I've seen this before.
    x2 , a few times,lol
    ohh yea
    Cest la vie
    beatnic:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    I've seen this before.
    x2 , a few times,lol
    ohh yea
    Cest la vie
    Wish I had calm words to impart to anyone in the path of one of these things, but its' all been said.
    beatnic:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    I've seen this before.
    x2 , a few times,lol
    ohh yea
    Cest la vie
    lol, like up north will be sayin " it is what it is "
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    jj20030:
    beatnic:
    I've seen this before.
    x2 , a few times,lol
    ohh yea
    Cest la vie
    lol, like up north will be sayin " it is what it is "
    They shouldn't live there.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Good time for east coast BOTL's in so much as a POSSIBLE path to take a nice mini-vacation. Got to witness a NEAR MISS while I was stationed in Charleston when Hurricane Floyd came thru - thought I was gonna get sent to a dirt nap by Andy Griffith's barber!!!

Seriously though gentlemen, my heartfelt suggestion is that you DO NOT screw around with this one, its gonna be seriously nasty. THINGS can be replaced, LIVES cannot.

Mini Vacation. Yeah. grab a whole bunch of sticks and head over the Apps, smoke, and wait for it to move on
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    hopefully it passes soon Ive got a vacation planned down in FL.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Good time for east coast BOTL's in so much as a POSSIBLE path to take a nice mini-vacation.

Is this an invitation to the Sniper household??? :0)
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    The Sniper:
    Good time for east coast BOTL's in so much as a POSSIBLE path to take a nice mini-vacation.

Hell Yea!!! Cmon everbody,,,Great Idea!!!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Stay safe everyone!
    The Kid:
    skweekz:
    The Sniper:

Hell Yea!!! Cmon everbody,,,Great Idea!!!
    Any time brothers - any excuse to herf it up with my BOTL's is a good excuse to herf it up with my BOTL's!

Prayers going out for all the east coast members of this forum - be safe and smart my friends, and make sure to check in with us on here to let us know you're OK after this passes please.

• RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Now that is a tempting offer. Just might have to hop a plane again.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    get them cigars to higher ground...
    Get yo azz out here monkey! Anybody with Ron White as an avatar is always welcomed in Casa Sniper! :-)

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Report from Floorida: As expected not much to report from down here. We are getting some rain bands and some very needful breezes but nothing in the way of serious weather. The beach swells are pretty impressive and the ocean looks a little angry. Our brothers in NC, VA, and all points northward are in for a long night. Stay safe and if you are in the path, LEAVE! I have done the hurricane thing before, trust me you don't want to know how bad it can be.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Do you think The Beard should be deployed to ward off the Hurricane.. Once encountering The Beard, Irene would have no choice but to turn around and go back out to sea, in other words The Beard would make Irene his biotch.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Do you think The Beard should be deployed to ward off the Hurricane.. Once encountering The Beard, Irene would have no choice but to turn around and go back out to sea, in other words The Beard would make Irene his biotch.
    And on the way out he'd probably hook Irene up on the Mailing list as well
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    So I survived. Everyone else cool?

• e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Hung out in the garage most of the evening last night with a couple of my favorite sticks watching the wind and rain. It didn't get to bad here in my neck of the woods, just one tree down in my neighbors yard.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The storm's outer edge is just arriving, lots and lots of rain and the wind is starting to build. The eye is projected to go right over the top of us. Should be an interesting day.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Nothing more than a big pain in the ass here. Did manage a nice smoke and beer after cleaning up a little. :)
    Glad to see the "Im OK"-type posts starting to come in from the east coast BOTL's. Thanks for letting us know you're OK brothers, and I look forward to seeing a lot more of these in the near future.

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    Been without power for about 12 hours, lost some big trees but nobody is hurt and that's all that matters. I hope the other east-coasters down in NC are ok.....they took the worst of this one. The other good news is, you don't need electricity to enjoy a damn fine smoke....so that's what I'm doing.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    The Sniper:
    Glad to see the "Im OK"-type posts starting to come in from the east coast BOTL's. Thanks for letting us know you're OK brothers, and I look forward to seeing a lot more of these in the near future.

Agreed. Everyone out there has been in my thoughts for sure.