Fuente Fire

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• 415415 Posts: 951
    image so sad
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I got this empty hollow feeling,, very sad
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Wow, sad to hear about that and the loss of the special aged tobacco. Prices will be going even higher now.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Yep this sucks.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    How do fires start in a place where leaves are just sitting around?? Too much heat and the leaves catch on fire?? Very curious..

Really sux though, I think I have enough fuente products to last me my life time...lol
    It is the heat and moisture. It happens on farms that put up wet straw or hay in a barn. I would imagine it would be the same concept.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not good news. I haven't fully embraced everything Fuente and I only have a few. Probably won'y be getting any in the future. Sad to here about this loss for them. Tobaccos that old can't be replaced.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Terrible news :(

That said, a disaster some years ago that caused the loss of Opus X wrapper crop was the reason the Anejo was blended and created... so maybe some good will come out of this. I just hope none of this tobacco had anything to do with either Casa Cuba or Solaris...
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Wow this is horrible news, but they will continue.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not tried any yet, hope this doesn't cause the prices to skyrocket or it may be a while before I do get to.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I always knew those cigars were HOT!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    "Local Firefighters said it smelled DELICIOUS and they were relaxed after putting the fire out!"

They also then went online and asked whether or not to keep the Cello on or off....
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Ick. So this is going to make already tough to find cigars even tougher?
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    granneja:
    It is the heat and moisture. It happens on farms that put up wet straw or hay in a barn. I would imagine it would be the same concept.
    that's what popped in my mind too, I've seen it happen with hay.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    BigT06:
    granneja:
    I'd never heard of this. For those interested, check out this article.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Looks like God finally decided to smoke the good stuff...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    :(
    That sucks! My favorite Manufacturer.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Lassie...Lassie....
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    and more expensive....
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    the fact that they lost 60's product blows my mind I want to smoke some stuff with that kind of age.
  • Flash318Flash318 Posts: 49
    JudoChinX:
    BigT06:
    granneja:
    I'd never heard of this. For those interested, check out this article.
    spontaneicous combustion=SCARY!
    very sad
    I was just reading idiots guide to cigars and he talked about this very thing. Seems this is a hazard of the fermenting and aging stage that can set the makers back years. ?
    I wonder if they had insurance on that and if so how much. Just a side thought with 40 to x50 yr old stock.
  • granneja:
    I wonder if they had insurance on that and if so how much. Just a side thought with 40 to x50 yr old stock.
    im sure they did there is insurance for everything now days
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Makes me sad.
    I was just at a local BM and I was shocked that They didn't know anything about it.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    This really sucks. That's terrible news for the Fuente family and their employees.
    Doesn't shock me. I have been to several B&Ms that don't have employees that have passion for their profession. Its a bit disappointing. However there are a few that really have some knowledgable people and those are the B&Ms I like going back to. I would say that there is nothing that compares to this forum and ccom though.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Hate to be the jerk here but that must have been the best smelling camp fire around. I mean, come on. Don't tell me you guys weren't thinking that must have smelled AMAZING!

OK, here's the real b-hole in me. Ya think it's karma for all the overpricing they do and money of ours that they burn?

In all seriousness, this is terrible, but the Fuente family has seen so much hardship and has overcome everything that has been thrown at them thus far. They will prevail as they always have. I wish them the best.