Home General Discussion

Century Old Smokes

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
CA has a very interesting video about some 100 year old cigars. Fan or not, damn good video. Link

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Flash318Flash318 Posts: 49
    yes damm good video Thanks for the link
  • NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    ive seen that video, i would love to smoke one of those. they look great too, the quality of the perfecto shape.
  • NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    btw cigar manufacturers should bring back some of those old school style cabs they had! even if they are just for bm shops, for all their vitola offerings!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool video but that is one boring speaker. I wonder though if they would have any taste left?
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I was sad that I didn't get to see someone smoke one of them. Other than that, very cool.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    great video. I would love to fire one of those things up and just see what its like! (after its been properly humidified for a while, of course)
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    BigT06:
    great video. I would love to fire one of those things up and just see what its like! (after its been properly humidified for a while, of course)
    Ya, you've gotta wondered if they'd been stored properly. I know the guy said that work would have to be done to get them to the point of being smokable, but still, having been unhumidified for THAT long would have to wreak havoc on the cigars, no? Still, they looked to be in great shape.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    JudoChinX:
    BigT06:
    Ya, you've gotta wondered if they'd been stored properly. I know the guy said that work would have to be done to get them to the point of being smokable, but still, having been unhumidified for THAT long would have to wreak havoc on the cigars, no? Still, they looked to be in great shape.
    By the looks of them, the RH couldnt have been that bad... I didn't see any flaked or busted wrappers, and the individual cigars he held up appeared to be in great shape. If they haven't been ultra dried out, there is no reason to think that they are unsmokable... they prob just a need a good recharge in a wet humi for a while, and then some time to rest and get ready for the flame!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    JudoChinX:
    BigT06:
    By the looks of them, the RH couldnt have been that bad... I didn't see any flaked or busted wrappers, and the individual cigars he held up appeared to be in great shape. If they haven't been ultra dried out, there is no reason to think that they are unsmokable... they prob just a need a good recharge in a wet humi for a while, and then some time to rest and get ready for the flame!
    I watched this video some time ago, and I loved it for the historical aspect alone. Great video..Maybe one day Ill be a man of such merit..lol,, From what I have read the rehumdification process is quite lengthy..They slowwwwly raise the humidity in the cigars, over Several months
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    CA has a very interesting video about some 100 year old cigars. Fan or not, damn good video. Link
    Thanks for that link Krieg, I dont know if everybody watched all the videos but in tasting the 60's pt 1, at around the three minute mark they discussed long term aging temps and humidity levels and this has re-confirmed my position on what rh's, temps work best..want to keep those temps and humidity levels down guys!!
  • cool video!