Home Non Cigar Related

1911A1 - 100th Anniversary

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Anyone planning on getting an anniversary edition of John Moses Browning's handiwork? I've been looking around, and can't decide which anniversary edition to consider, much less buy - any have any opinions? I don't really want a reproduction design; of the exact 1911 model rather, I want something with all the modern improvements (tritium sights, checkered grip, etc). I've kinda been drooling over the Les Baer and Wilson ones for awhile now, but can't really decide.

So is anyone else considering getting anything?

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've been wanting to get a 1911 for about 5 years now, but I've always got 20 other things that need buying first.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Nighthawk http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=297848
    Really like the looks of this one.

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Man I wish. I love the 1911. I haven't found the time to shoot in so long it would be a waste for me to buy one. :(
  • I think it's hard to go wrong with a 1911. But I've know guys that had Wilson's that flat out won't feed and guys that have been pleased as punch with the Taurus. Although the Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander 1n 10mm just screams sexy to me. I carry an old Para LDA 7.45 with some regularity and love it. I guess it's like a stogie...all in what you like. As the good Colonel said: "You need sights you can see and a trigger you can manage." Let us know what you decide on! TMS
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    I have a S&W 1911 and love it! Never had a misfeed. You just can't beat a 1911!
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Springfield 1911-A1 here, couldn't be happier.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Someone asked me why I carry a 1911 concealed once. I answered, "To keep my pants up!"

My 1911 is a S&W, stainless with the standard, black grips. I've put a couple thousand rounds through that thing and all the MX I've done is to change out the recoil spring and restake the plunger tube. ...with JB weld, haha!

I'm about to put a conversion on it to 460 Rowland. I've seen it jam twice, both times with light loaded hand loads. Can't go wrong with this gun!

JDE