Home Non Cigar Related

rock river arms

Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting a rra elite operator II with an eotech 512. It also comes with a eotech dominator mount that cowitnesses perfectly. It seems like a good buy. I can get it with my discount for just over 1200, anyone have any experience with these?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Looks like on their website its only $1215.00 to begin with so not sure how much your discount is helping out there !?!? Check it out bro , maybe can save ya some money . Oh by the way it looks awsome .
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I'm not a big fan for the eotech, i would opt for an aimpoint.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Reasons why?
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    gmill its just over 1200 with eotech sight, sight mount, and rifle. @graneja..why am I looking at getting one?
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    It is an ok deal but not great if it is chambered in 223, if it is in 308 then yes, buy now with no regrets. Rock River makes nice stuff but you can get some really good deals on some of the other makes such as DPMS. I really like the Eotech sights, retail on them is around 400-450 but with a little looking the can be found for 300-350. Depends on your plans for the rifle which is right for you. I have both Aimpoint & Eotech for different applications, like anything there are pros and cons based on how you will use the entire package. In most cases, unless buying used you will do better (cost wise) buying a stripped rifle and getting your optics, rails, etc, separately.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Why not a big fan of the eotech. Just wondering.
    @ granneja, yeah I was wondering the same thing.
    mfotis:
    I'm not a big fan for the eotech, i would opt for an aimpoint.
    why an aimpoint over the eotech?
    lonewolf2011:
    It is an ok deal but not great if it is chambered in 223, if it is in 308 then yes, buy now with no regrets. Rock River makes nice stuff but you can get some really good deals on some of the other makes such as DPMS. I really like the Eotech sights, retail on them is around 400-450 but with a little looking the can be found for 300-350. Depends on your plans for the rifle which is right for you. I have both Aimpoint & Eotech for different applications, like anything there are pros and cons based on how you will use the entire package. In most cases, unless buying used you will do better (cost wise) buying a stripped rifle and getting your optics, rails, etc, separately.
    I really appreciate your response. I am looking for my first personal owned AR, A lot of guys I know recommend either BCM or RRA, I figured I would go with RRA, It's my first self purchased AR, and I just want a Gen. Purpose rifle. Maybe some light competitions in the future....not sure. I was going to do the build thing, but I figured I would only be saving like 150...so I figured I might as well pick one up. I think the legality of purchasing these rifles will change in the near future, kind of a "might as well just get one" kinda purchase. Do you have anything you would recommend?
  • lonewolf2011:
    +1 on the DPMS mention. I do not personally own one (yet, but soon) but have fired three of them, and was really impressed.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I've used everything from Aimpoint to EOTech to ACOG's and personally my fav is the EOTech but a lot of it depends on A. The person. Everybody is different and so are their eyes. B. The type of shooting you're gonna do with it. You can make the Aimpoint vs EOTech argument all day long but honestly I think that it comes down to personal preference.
    The eotech is what I'm used to, thats what we use here at work, so I figured I might as well keep it simple.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    I would recommend a DPMS AP4 Carbine (it won the “NRA rifle of the year award a few years back). With a little looking a basic stripped rifle can be had for around $800. By the time you add the rail and optics you would be close to your package price for the RRA but would have the flexibility to build it your way. I have done very well finding deals on ebay for genuine eotech and aimpoint products, just takes a little patience to find "the deal"! I own more than one DPMS in different calibers and have been very happy with them. Out of the box accuracy is some of the very best in the industry without the extra cost, and their rifles typically run a little lighter than the competition. Another plus is that their customer service is top notch; I have called them several times just to ask questions and get recommendations on accessories and parts. Hope this helps, happy shopping!