Home Cigar 101

How many humidors is too many?

After a night of drinking and perusing deals on humidors I find myself with 3 humidors coming in the mail...woops. This is in addition to my already brand new humidor up and running. I am just wondering if I will be able to maintain all of these humidors at once. I only have one seasoned with heartfeld beads coming in the mail any day now. It's going to take awhile to get all 4 humidors stable with beads and digital hygrometers, due to time and money. All 4 are 100 count.

Just wondering how many humidors everyone has running? Advice is much appreciated. I know eventually a cabinet will come but I'm taking baby steps. Here are my humidors that are coming.

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I currently run 5.
    one 250 count, two 50 counts, and 2 small aging humis (25-40 count each depending on the size of the sticks)

It's honestly not that hard to maintain once you get it all set and get em filled up.

that being said, I did just go buy my first big cooler and get to work on a coolidor to take some of the hassle out of it. lol
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    How many humidors is too many? I don't understand the question?????
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Two 70 quart coolers is what I currently run. The answer to your question is this: there's no such thing.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    fla-gypsy:
    How many humidors is too many? I don't understand the question?????

+1 I have 2 at this moment in time. 100 and a 125 count. Neither are full but if I were to have any more I think I would be sleeping in my trailer. lol. I should invest in a wineador like some of the brothers have done on the forums. Just need to recall what model...to be continued...
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Too many only depends on how many cigars you are buying. I have two running right now and am thinking of getting a coolidor to consolidate. It looks like you have some nice humidors coming your way though.

You have to love this hobby, as you start getting into it, it is amazing how soon you run out of room.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I have 3 running. 1 for smoking, 1 for aging, and 1 for boxes. You can't have to many. I would just set one going till it is nearly full then have the other ready to go. Once you have enough sticks you want to age to keep it stable set one aside for that. Just dont have 5 humis going half full. better to have them full and 80% full and then start the others going
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    Two 70 quart coolers is what I currently run. The answer to your question is this: there's no such thing.
    I have 2 humi's at home and 2 coolers here in the sandbox. To each his own but I have one nice 100 count humi and it will probably be the last one I every buy as I pretty much have convertered to coolers for storage.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I have 3. Two large (250 and 300 count) and one small 20 count that I use for my weekly smokes. One large is basically an aging humi that once sticks go into they rarely come back out the other is just a holding station until the smaller one gets low. I like this set up because I only have to get into the small one daily. I would think you will have no problems filling them in time. I know I need a another desperately right now.
    J.S.:
    I have 3. Two large (250 and 300 count) and one small 20 count that I use for my weekly smokes. One large is basically an aging humi that once sticks go into they rarely come back out the other is just a holding station until the smaller one gets low. I like this set up because I only have to get into the small one daily. I would think you will have no problems filling them in time. I know I need a another desperately right now.
    Sounds like a coolidor might be your best bet, my friend.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    The answer to your question is 2 more humidors than you have on hand or on order, that way there will always be room for one more humidor. Easy solution.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I have two. I think your question is a trick question, though. If you are worried about the sheer quantity of humidors, you should look into consolidating all your sticks into a coolidor (and save some money in the process).
    BigT06:
    J.S.:

Yeah, I don't know. I have used small versions of them in a pinch but it is difficult to keep the RH down even with PG, etc. I have not went all out like some of the ones I see on here by adding the Spanish Cedar so that might help too.
    J.S.:
    BigT06:
    J.S.:
    Yeah, I don't know. I have used small versions of them in a pinch but it is difficult to keep the RH down even with PG, etc. I have not went all out like some of the ones I see on here by adding the Spanish Cedar so that might help too.
    adding the spanish cedar and 2 way beads/gel and a fan makes all the difference in the world!
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    I have 5 - 1 300, 1 50, 1 20, and 2 tuperwear.(1 is for FF buy in on another forum) Right now i need to consolidate some of the sticks into the 300 out of one tuperwear since this is more for overflow and bought when i won the lottery here 3 months back. The 50 is for my aging cigars i guess. don't go into it much got my opus, god of fire etc in there. i mostly go into the 300 count for smokes.

i check all of them occasionally but fairly easy to maintain once they are all going.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    curently ive got the 80 qt cooler, 1 300, 1 100, 1 50 and a locker at the b&m that holds about 10-15 boxes. i use the 300 count for my every day use
    BigT06:
    J.S.:
    BigT06:
    J.S.:

adding the spanish cedar and 2 way beads/gel and a fan makes all the difference in the world!

I was thinking that a fan might help keep the air moving, etc. I might have to start thinking that way, unless I can talk the wife into getting one of those end tables. It would be a nice look in the living room.
  • so i read this and i started thinking... you dont have enough until your wife demands you get a cabinet or build a walkin humidor in your house...
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Tough question, as there are too many variables, such as:
    How much do you smoke
    How big of an "aging" stash do you want to build up
    You buying boxes, or 5s and 10s

If you start buying boxes, well then you need something big enough to store them, and your looking at big humis ($$$) - or the inevitable cooler(s).

I have three humis going (150ct, 100ct, 50ct) - and one 20ct travel for emergency overflow and camping, (and some coolers that I look at every day and think.......hmmmm..........
    I only smoke 3-5 cigars/week - less in the winter. I keep about 200-225 sticks on hand at all times. At my current smoking rate (and that of my moocher brother in-law ) I have been able to avoid doing the coolidor........BUT..... I can't buy boxes..........and that's a problem..........
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    Gurkha Man!:
    so i read this and i started thinking... you dont have enough until your wife demands you get a cabinet or build a walkin humidor in your house...
    lol you think it would stop there?.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    i only have 2 50 cnt only because i dont want to break my bank lol but am looking to buy a big one to have more
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Too many humidors...i think that depends on your smoking rate and buying rate.

My stash is about 100 cigars curretnly...I do have a shipment of 25 more coming in this week and pay day is in 2 days! I currently have a 18ct Winedor with 3 Spanish Cedar drawers (holds approx 160 cigars), one 50ct, two 20 ct, and my 5ct for traveling to work and back. I keep the 50ct seasoned for box splits that I do with a couple guys. I keep my winedor cigars seperated...top drawer is more expensive cigars, middle drawer is every day smokes, and bottom drawer bombing/trade material. I don't age. I smoke mine.
  • willso7willso7 Posts: 156
    I got 3 , one for the cigars that i buy in vacancy, one for LPH and the other one is my expensive cigars, great cutter buy the way (cuban crafters), my favorite one, always made a good cut.
  • ArgusArgus Posts: 12
    As others have said, you can't have too many. My main smoking boxes are a 250 count drawer type, and that cherry 100 count you have pictured in your post. 2 C-Fest 20 counts for infused. Oh, and 3 55 quart coolers with cedar lining, ventilated plastic bins mounted on cedar rails and a capacity of 400 to 500 sticks each. And yes, they are all filled.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Argus:
    As others have said, you can't have too many. My main smoking boxes are a 250 count drawer type, and that cherry 100 count you have pictured in your post. 2 C-Fest 20 counts for infused. Oh, and 3 55 quart coolers with cedar lining, ventilated plastic bins mounted on cedar rails and a capacity of 400 to 500 sticks each. And yes, they are all filled.

Something inside of me is telling me that I have to see pics of this!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many? I have a 150 ct. and a 300ct. and a 48qt. cooler and a 165qt. cooler. With digital hygros and beads, it is easy to take care of multiple humis.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I have 7 humidors and the great news is my wife suggested a coolidor, so a coolidor will be added in the near future.
    I have a 300ct, 2 150ct, 1 100ct, 2 50ct, 1 20 count
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I've got 3 going.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I don't understand this combination of words..."too many." I know what they mean individually like, "Oh, and a 5-pack of _____, too" and "I have placed many orders with the beard today" but..."too many"....?????
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i dont know how many is "too many"
    i do, however, know how many is "not enough"
  • Meaning at what number of humidors does it become unmanageable or overwhelming. I have four desktops already filled and just wanted to see what kind of set ups and combinations of humidors other people have running.