Home Cigar 101

IS MY CIGAR RUINED?

So I go to a local bar Saturday, whip out my Perdomo Silvio and apply my torch to the end to start toasting it. Right behind me a waitress says, "We don't allow cigar smoking in here any more." The weekend before it did not bother them. So I look at the end of the Silvio and notice it has just a slight black burn to the very end tobacco, no deep burn as I can tell and the cigar is cool to the touch. I very light smell of burnt tobacco comes from the end, so light that I really had to put the cigar up to my nose to smell it. So my question is this, is my Silvio ruined? I went home promptly put it in my humidor away from the other cigars and with the exception of the burnt end it now looks and smells almost like new, but will it smoke and taste the same?

Comments

• Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    If it wasn't technically lit, shouldn't be an issue. But I wouldn't let it sit very long.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    If it wasn't technically lit, shouldn't be an issue. But I wouldn't let it sit very long.
    i also wouldnt put it back in the humidor.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Doesn't sound like you didn't draw on the cigar (taking some puffs) if that's the case, I would just snip off the tip with a guillotine and just start all over.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I wouldn't put it back in the humi and i would smoke it rather soon -coupla days
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    i would have went outside and smoked it.....
  • Thanks all, will burn it here Friday night.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Hey rd who's your avatar?
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    DO NOT put a burned cigar back in a humidor, I got cigar ash on a few cigars, not thinking anything of it, I put them back in my traveldor and eventually in my humidor. I soon noticed a terrible hint of cigar ash in my humidor, luckily the smokes were not badly affected by the smell, a little prelight aroma, thats all. but the humidor smelled very strong of stale ash. I had to sand it down to get the smell out. And I had to wash the foam from my traveldor with soap and water.