Home General Discussion

Casa Magna Event

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Just wanted to see what everyones thoughts are on the Casa Magna smokes. I've heard some good things about them and there is an event at my local B&M tonight. I doubt I'll get to make it out there cause I'll probably be too tired after work, but might have a friend pick me up something if I get some good responces on here. Anyone have any thoughts on these?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Haven't heard of them. You know who makes them?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I know they are blended by Nestor Plasencia and Manuel Quesada...
    PuroFreak:
    I know they are blended by Nestor Plasencia and Manuel Quesada...
    Nestor? Could be worth a shot.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Well that cancels my shipping you some Casa Magna from my local shop :)

They have been receiving an incredible amount of hype around here. I haven't had one yet, but I've given away 2 to people on here, and there is a 2-day event at my shop coming up over Super Bowl weekend. I think they're made by Fonseca. At the B&M this weekend, the owner was spouting off about "Cigar of the Year" by one of the magazines... 92 rating from someone.. and blah blah blah.

From my spreadsheet:
    Origin: Nicaragua
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Ligero (!!)
    Body: Full

There are various vitolas, ranging in the high-$4 to low-$6 range.
    Yea, it won Cigar of the Year from CA. Kind of suprising for the price! And don't let that stop ya from swapping a couple of those with me! haha Like I said, I'm not gonna be able to make the event because of work.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    They have been receiving an incredible amount of hype around here. I haven't had one yet, but I've given away 2 to people on here, and there is a 2-day event at my shop coming up over Super Bowl weekend. I think they're made by Fonseca. At the B&M this weekend, the owner was spouting off about "Cigar of the Year" by one of the magazines... 92 rating from someone.. and blah blah blah.

From my spreadsheet:
    Origin: Nicaragua
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Ligero (!!)
    Body: Full

There are various vitolas, ranging in the high-$4 to low-$6 range.
    dont believe the hype. believe your taste buds. here is the worst case:

you go and try a new cigar that has the potential to be a daily smoker.
    PuroFreak:
    Yea, it won Cigar of the Year from CA. Kind of suprising for the price! And don't let that stop ya from swapping a couple of those with me! haha Like I said, I'm not gonna be able to make the event because of work.
    Alright, Puro... I'll get a package to you after our event here. What you had requested in PM plus a couple Casa Magna... just PM your addy.

I shipped a Casa Magna with A Pass Deux in mid-October, and Scrambler snatched it up. I know he's already smoked it, but I didn't see any thoughts/reviews. Somebody else on here should have one by the end of this week via Priority Mail, if he hasn't gotten it already :)

Speaking of Scramz, I haven't seen him around here... maybe he's too busy in his new job?
    OH YEA! I was just laughing at the the CA Top 25 with one of the guys at the B&M the other day. I do remember that, they were getting bashed pretty hardcore in the B&M and on another forum I hit up from time to time.
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:
    Alright, Puro... I'll get a package to you after our event here. What you had requested in PM plus a couple Casa Magna... just PM your addy.

I shipped a Casa Magna with A Pass Deux in mid-October, and Scrambler snatched it up. I know he's already smoked it, but I didn't see any thoughts/reviews. Somebody else on here should have one by the end of this week via Priority Mail, if he hasn't gotten it already :)

Speaking of Scramz, I haven't seen him around here... maybe he's too busy in his new job?
    You're a good guy Doody! Despite what Maddy always says about you.. Man you should hear it! Horrible stuff! haha
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

You're a good guy Doody! Despite what Maddy always says about you.. Man you should hear it! Horrible stuff! haha
    LMAO ...
    dutyje:
    I txted him earlier today. He's a pretty busy guy, the man has two full time jobs and goes to school and somewhere in there he finds time for a girlfriend and a pretty sweet motorcycle.
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

It's nothing like what I said about him ;)
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

Yea but I thought that was all true! lol
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

Yea but I thought that was all true! lol
    I'm taking my football and going home.
    Let's go TP Maddy's house!
    I'M IN!!!! haha
    As long as its not used TP.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    it's
    You're just bitter because I beat doody to it. And you totally want him to be your boyfriend.
    urbino:
    You're just bitter because I beat doody to it. And you totally want him to be your boyfriend.
    I literally laughed out loud at that one. Has he moved into your humi yet?
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    He had me locked in there... I was yelling "apostrophe!! apostrophe!!" from behind the glass, and he wouldn't let me out until went ahead and typed it in and took credit for it himself. That ***.
    I would've turned off his oasis. He would have let you out in no time flat.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    He had me locked in there... I was yelling "apostrophe!! apostrophe!!"
    Chuckle. I can just see that. "Elaine! Elaine!" Chuckling again.
    Haha, You guys have issues! Of course so do I... I guess thats why I like yall so much!

Well as predicted I didn't make it to the Magna event last night and didn't even get around to asking my friend to pick me up a couple so I'll wait on Doody to give this one a shot.
    My friend that went to the Casa Magna event said that it was a lot of fun. He got to visit with Manuel Quesada for 20-30 minutes and learn all about the smokes and how he got started and how he got hooked up with Nestor to make the Casa Magna. He also said they are a good smoke and I can't wait to give them a try. Once again Duty is the man!!! haha
    PuroFreak:
    My friend that went to the Casa Magna event said that it was a lot of fun. He got to visit with Manuel Quesada
    Did your friend ask him if he refers to his children as "the Quesadillas"?