Home General Discussion

Shipping

Hey All. I was talking to a co worker and we got into the conversation of having our cigars shipped. He totally disagreed with me about next day air shipping. He thought that I was wrong of going with the ups ground shipping. I told him if I was to order partigus 150 $1000 for 25 cigars then yeah I would do next day air. I can't justify spending the extra bucks on shipping, The way I look at it if I was to pay the next day air charges I could go down town and buy locally and have them same day. Whats your 2 cents?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Yeah, I usually go for the cheapest shipping. It's only when I absolutely NEED something as quick as possible do I choose a different shipping option. Besides, when I order from CCom, they are in PA and I am in NJ and I usually get my stuff within two days, sometimes one day.

I have a box of the Partagas 150 but I did not pay $1000 for them.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    USPS priority mail. cross country in 2-3 days.

if all smokes are in a zipper bag then there should be no problems for up to 7 days.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I used to do the 2nd-day shipping for bigger orders, but eventually noticed that the standard shipping -- and we're talking UPS here -- pretty much always gets here in 3 days, anyway. So now I don't bother.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    for me, standard shipping usually gets here on the 2nd day anyway :)
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Here in California, shipping from CCOM takes a little longer since it's going across the country.

But I usually still opt for the standard shipping. Why spend the extra dough on shipping when you could spend it on more cigars?!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    bass8844:
    Here in California, shipping from CCOM takes a little longer since it's going across the country.

But I usually still opt for the standard shipping. Why spend the extra dough on shipping when you could spend it on more cigars?!

Especially true of ccom, they ship with humi-paks.
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I always use the cheapest ground shipping. Never had any problems and usually here in 3-4 days.
  • Just started smoking cigars, got on order here and one order from another site, both were the next day using the cheapest shipping, live in TN
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Shipping is such a mark up. I'm fine with waiting a week. though I hate dealing with ups and fedex to get my packages...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    where u at in tn musty
  • kardar2kardar2 Posts: 43
    phobicsquirrel:
    Shipping is such a mark up. I'm fine with waiting a week. though I hate dealing with ups and fedex to get my packages...
    I call a company to see if they use the postal service for because my mail comes way before the ups or fedx the ups has been known to come at 5pm to my house
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    UPS hasn't done me wrong yet...since they broke my guitar two years ago. I will never forgive them for that.
  • gmill880:
    where u at in tn musty
    k-town
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Didn't know if you were close to the line or not-I work in Boone
  • gmill880:
    Didn't know if you were close to the line or not-I work in Boone
    I 78 I 81 I40 is a major through fare for shipping. the cigars coming from PA, knox being where it it is makes for the quick shipping , makes us impatient ones lucky i supposse
  • rgalyon0911rgalyon0911 Posts: 53
    I use the cheapest shipping when dealing with CCOM. I live in AL and my sticks are usually here in 2-3 days and they are shipped with pillows so no worries.