Home General Discussion

Weekend Blitz - Olde World Reserve

Thoughts?  Opinions?

I have read a bunch of great reviews on them, just not sure how I feel about the Lancero.  Worthy of the box purchase?

Comments

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    Jay9Jay9Jay9:

Thoughts?  Opinions?

I have read a bunch of great reviews on them, just not sure how I feel about the Lancero.  Worthy of the box purchase?

Great smoke, I just wish it was in a toro or even a robusto. If it were, I'd be all over it. I prefer the 50 ring gauge. But that is still one hell of a deal!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    JZ:
    Jay9Jay9Jay9:

Thoughts?  Opinions?

Great smoke, I just wish it was in a toro or even a robusto. If it were, I'd be all over it. I prefer the 50 ring gauge. But that is still one hell of a deal!
    +1 great deal but not hip on the size, I agree with JZ. Maybe next time.
  • The deal seems great, it's just the Lancero that has me on the fence.  I think I may just pull the trigger and give it a try.
    Well if this might help out Jay, blurr is looking to see if anyone wants to do a box split. Just tossing that out there if that might help grease the wheels.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I thought the OWR mad. was a decent stick. Def. good enough for this price. I never thought I'd be a lancero guy but I've really come to enjoy them so I can't imagine the size doing anything but making them better. IMO
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I think I somehow fell off the weekend blitz e-mail list. Can someone PM me the info?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Pm to ya Ken.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had the Lancero size and it just didn't work for me, I ended giving out over half a box. Flavor wasn't there, horrible burn issues and just weren't worth the time for me. Had them for well over a year and time didn't help, imo. If I have any left I would be more than happy to send them out.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I was curious about these too. I saw the same deal at another site not too long ago. I haven't tried the lancero, so I've been hesitant. I've noticed that the vitola is really important when it comes to stuff made by Nestor Placensia, the guy who actually makes these. Based on what Todd said, I think I'll pass.
    Ken Light:
    I think I somehow fell off the weekend blitz e-mail list. Can someone PM me the info?
    Ken, if you click on the big list of cigars, it'll be there near the top in red lettering. It'll pop up there when they update it every week.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    DANG!! I was about to jump all over these! Until I saw they were Lanceros! haha A Toro or Robusto would have been nice! Kelly/Beard hook us up with a deal!!
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These were on the sister site as the weekend deal and they had free shipping to boot. I don't think these are a standard production size anymore and were discontinued so Cigar.com and CO must have bought the remaining lot at a huge discount and are passing on the savings. If the price were a bit lower, say $50/shipped, I'd be on these as tomorrow is payday and even though I don't really need them or particularly want them I wouldn't be able to resist and would probably break down and get them. I can get some good stuff for $70+ shipping so it makes this deal not look so great. If this were a few years ago these wouldn't last 24-hours, 12 even probably.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are some edge lancers out there for 49.95 /box free ship too
    jj20030:
    JJ could you please PM me that info. I'd be very interested in some of those.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CAcigarguy007:
    jj20030:
    incoming bro.
    jj20030:
    CAcigarguy007:
    jj20030:
    incoming bro.
    Good looking out JJ!