Home General Discussion

Sprint Sales Shipping

OK, so I have to admit that this is the first box purchase that I have done with ccom. I normally have to go with the cheapest site that I have a good relationship with on boxes and it has not been ccom until now. Anyway, I am digressing. Here is the issue. My shipment arrived just now from UPS, I open it and no humi pack was in it. Since it is very hot here still, another record high today, I am really not happy. Yes, the box is fine and I know the cigs will most likely be fine but when the internal temp is 97 right now and they have been sitting in the truck for the better part of a week it is frustrating. I normally buy when it is cooler if I know there is no humidified shipping.

Comments

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    OK, so I have to admit that this is the first box purchase that I have done with ccom. I normally have to go with the cheapest site that I have a good relationship with on boxes and it has not been ccom until now. Anyway, I am digressing. Here is the issue. My shipment arrived just now from UPS, I open it and no humi pack was in it. Since it is very hot here still, another record high today, I am really not happy. Yes, the box is fine and I know the cigs will most likely be fine but when the internal temp is 97 right now and they have been sitting in the truck for the better part of a week it is frustrating. I normally buy when it is cooler if I know there is no humidified shipping.
    Excuse my ignorance, but you are talking about there being no humi pillow in the shipping box correct?
    Would a humi pillow help that much being outside a closed cigar box?

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wont unwrap your box to put in a humi pillow and besides it would not fit. The only thing they could to is put the box in a bigger zip lock type bag and then put a humi-pillow inside of that. I'm sure if you called customer service or your rep they would take care of you. Cigar.com is known for it's customer service so they would almost certainly entertain personal requests but that is just not their SOP. They are nice enough to provide pillows in the baggies but don't open the boxes or bag/humidify them. Give them a call if you need specialized shipping and I'm sure they would oblige you somehow, plus you'll make a contact and the reps can be great for hook-ups/deals albeit unfriendly to the wallet...lol. I'm sure your sticks will be fine, just call/email them for your next order and specify what you need/want and they will make it happen for free or a small nominal/at-cost fee. No need to get worked up or upset over spilled milk. Call/email so the milk doesn't spill again; Feel me? Welcome to the dark-side...hahaha. Oh, by the way have you heard about http://www.cigarsprintsale.com/ it is part of cigar.com and has great deals :)
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Yeah, I know that the pillow wont fit inside the box and really outside the box wrapped as it is really would not help much if anything at all. I should have just waited until it was cooler. Oh well, I guess I will get to see how a box does being shipped in the heat. I too am sure that they will be fine, otherwise its back to samplers for the summers. Not a big deal, in retrospect probably shouldn't have posted anything its just frustrating when you get a box and the wood feels hot because of the outside temp.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    Yeah, I know that the pillow wont fit inside the box and really outside the box wrapped as it is really would not help much if anything at all. I should have just waited until it was cooler. Oh well, I guess I will get to see how a box does being shipped in the heat. I too am sure that they will be fine, otherwise its back to samplers for the summers. Not a big deal, in retrospect probably shouldn't have posted anything its just frustrating when you get a box and the wood feels hot because of the outside temp.
    Not sure where you are but you could call and request USPS/UPS which ever is faster. I'm out west and UPS takes 7 days to get to me so I feel your concern and prefer my stuff to ship USPS. Like I said they will take care of you and if it's a really big deal and you know it's terribly hot you could always pay for expedited shipping if it's gonna be real bad. I do feel your concern though but there are many solutions available if you just call/email.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    warm air hold humidity better than cold air. if it is 90 outside and there is a water pillow in there the heat will force the humidity into the area the cigars are in and you may have a huge spike in RH. this could bring out beetles. i would actually PREFER no water pillow in a shipment if it is over 85 outside.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    warm air hold humidity better than cold air. if it is 90 outside and there is a water pillow in there the heat will force the humidity into the area the cigars are in and you may have a huge spike in RH. this could bring out beetles. i would actually PREFER no water pillow in a shipment if it is over 85 outside.
    +1 living in FL, too much humidity is more the problem than not enough. Of course in Vegas and its 124 degrees likely another story too....but hey, "at least its a dry heat"
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Other than some AF boxes I have never seen pillows in boxes...I order stuff and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 weeks to get to me.......its all good...
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    J.S.:
    I gotta say I have been extremely impressed with the Shipping from the cigar sprint site, They are processing the orders speedily and both my orders I received were in very good time and in excellent condition..With the box being sealed and all, theres not much they can do. I have seen boxes with pillows already inside but thats a manufacturer thing , Arturo Fuente does this but not in all.. My take would be your sticks are good, I would suggest resting them for a week and giving one a go Hopefully all is well!!!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I would inspect your sticks, and if you're unsatisfied, let CCom know. Part of their sales pitch is satisfaction guarantee, and they seem to stand behind that. If you're not happy with your order, they'll make it right.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    y2pascoe:
    I would inspect your sticks, and if you're unsatisfied, let CCom know. Part of their sales pitch is satisfaction guarantee, and they seem to stand behind that. If you're not happy with your order, they'll make it right.

+1 - Have to share this funny thing that happened to me, and yes you can laugh it up. There I was explaining to a buddy about the sprint site and in the process...I just happen to bump the "confirm" button and paid a pretty penny for some 5 Vegas Gold " nuggets". Long story short..my buddy was ROFL and I was stuck with a $53.00 smokes that I didn't need nor want.

I called up ccom and explained what happened and was told that since the site was new they where still getting some issues taken care of but offered to call me back on Monday with a update. I had "two" reps call back to me, Kelly and Tina.

Both explained that once the the order had been placed it ships and is no way of pulling that order number. Kelly ask me to send them back and a credit would be issued once they arrived. Sure was I was out some shipping cost but Kelly explained that they would take care of me on my next phone order and make things right.

Now that is great customer service. It was nice to see that both reps were on top of the issue I had and had called back as promised with a resolution.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    lol thats pretty bad Ramp. I almost did the same thing with the gf nagging at me. Luckily I didnt. Almost got stuck with some expensive M1 Cusanos.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I was worried that I might do this too. They now have a confirm button. Is that something they've since added?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they base it on where it's going and what the weather is like there. If it's a high humidity climate etc, so your sticks don't arrive over humidified.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    JSaint:
    lol thats pretty bad Ramp. I almost did the same thing with the gf nagging at me. Luckily I didnt. Almost got stuck with some expensive M1 Cusanos.

Yeah, my jaw dropped when my buddy said "that was a fast sale" as the running man books it across the screen. LOL. But rest assured that ccom has our back if "****" happens.
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I'm not a scientist, but I do wonder how much good a humi pack would do inside a cardboard box for a week at 97 degrees. I don't think it would make them cooler. I've received cigars every which way and never had a problem.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Theedge:
    I'm not a scientist, but I do wonder how much good a humi pack would do inside a cardboard box for a week at 97 degrees. I don't think it would make them cooler. I've received cigars every which way and never had a problem.
    I am a scientist, and I can assure you it wouldn't make anything cooler. Just more humid. Likely too humid.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Theedge:
    I am a scientist, and I can assure you it wouldn't make anything cooler. Just more humid. Likely too humid.
    Im not a scientist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express and I must concurr with Mr, Light..
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Ken Light:
    Theedge:
    Im not a scientist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express and I must concurr with Mr, Light..
    lol
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I understand that a humi pack will not change the temp. Regarding the RH spike, that maybe, but when the RH is 22% and its setting the truck that long the box wrapping does not prevent the environmental RH from becoming a factor. I guess I was thinking since they advertise that they ship with humidification that the boxes would be bubble wrapped or something with a couple of pillows thrown in. It really is not that big of a deal. I wish I had not posted anything about it actually but its out there now. Anyway, I did open the box this morning after having them in a cooler overnight that I kept at 62% RH. The sticks look fine no issues at all. I will keep them in the cooler for another 48 hrs and then add them to my small humi that is at 65% right now. Once they are there for 48-72 hrs. I will move them into my larger humi and let them set at 68% for a week. No problems. Lesson learned.
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I'm just razzing you J.S. - As a rule I think we worry too much about cigar care. I've got a cooler that stays at 70/70 - Everything goes in there, it's all good. I live in MN where we get some extreme swings too. Funny stuff.