Home General Discussion

I need a little CSI here...

Alright, I got the "Boutique Brand Sampler" from here today and I have no clue what one of them is. I've look and I can't find anything. It's an all blue band, with what looks like "Balio" written in silver cursive letters, then "Hand made in Nicaragua" on the bottom. Any ideas?

Comments

• bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I can't find the sampler on the site, but I think what you're looking at is the Bahia Blu.

I have a couple, but have yet to try it. I got it in a sampler as well.

Here's what i've found out about the smoke:
    Medium body
    Corojo wrap
    Nicaraguan puro (wrap, binder, filler all from nicaragua)

These guys can be had for pretty cheap, so they're not you're super premium stick. I guess one of us will have to try it sooner or later to see if they're actually any good.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Yep, that's the one, thanks!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    i have that same sampler on its way too. So I'll have to try it soon as well.
  • cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    madurofan:
    i have that same sampler on its way too. So I'll have to try it soon as well.
    I have this as well.
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    I think everyone on here does. Pretty good deal. I recived mine on Monday along with the Padilla Sampler.
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    As far as the Bahia Blu, it is not that bad of a smoke.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bass8844:
    I can't find the sampler on the site, but I think what you're looking at is the Bahia Blu.

I have a couple, but have yet to try it. I got it in a sampler as well.

Here's what i've found out about the smoke:
    Medium body
    Corojo wrap
    Nicaraguan puro (wrap, binder, filler all from nicaragua)

These guys can be had for pretty cheap, so they're not you're super premium stick. I guess one of us will have to try it sooner or later to see if they're actually any good.
    I have had the Bahia Bleu ( Blu)... It was just okay to me. Surprisingly a little harsh and was mostly a grassy/hay/leafy flavor at the start. And then kind of musty/mushroomy near the middle.. Not what I was looking for, and not on my must have list. I won't buy that one again..
    hope your experience is better than mine was.
    btmisles:
    I think everyone on here does. Pretty good deal. I recived mine on Monday along with the Padilla Sampler.
    Same thing I did.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    btmisles:

I just ordered the padilla sampler with the boutique sampler, holy crap what a deal!! 8 great sticks for 24 bucks shipped...i love this place.
  • I thought I'd take advantage of the only day the temperature would break 35* this month and smoke the Bahia Blu. Mistake. I got a good light and took a few puffs. Good draw, pretty smooth smoke. Smoked it about 10 minutes, then the burn went completely haywire. This happened about the same time that the taste changed from bland to vomit. That's the only thing that I could compare the taste to. Vomit. I knew I shoulda grabbed the Padilla.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Since this is the CSI thread....

Okay, I got a "3 free cigars for purchasing over blah blah blah" deal with a recent order. Okay, one was a Graycliff 1666, great smoke. One was a 5 Vegas Classic, which I kinda had to give away. The third one I need a little help with. The band is a creamy-gold color with gold highlights. Printed sideways on the large part of the band is "key 1876 west". On one side of the large part is "hand", on the other side is "made". That is all there is on the band. The cigar itself is a robusto, and the wrapper looks like either a sumatra or a darker conneticut (I am comparing it to the ccom Blue label and Cuban label, it could go either way between those two). Anybody know what it is?
    alienmisprint:

Okay, I got a "3 free cigars for purchasing over blah blah blah" deal with a recent order. Okay, one was a Graycliff 1666, great smoke. One was a 5 Vegas Classic, which I kinda had to give away. The third one I need a little help with. The band is a creamy-gold color with gold highlights. Printed sideways on the large part of the band is "key 1876 west". On one side of the large part is "hand", on the other side is "made". That is all there is on the band. The cigar itself is a robusto, and the wrapper looks like either a sumatra or a darker conneticut (I am comparing it to the ccom Blue label and Cuban label, it could go either way between those two). Anybody know what it is?
    Its a hand made Robusto. Sheesh, some people are just so dense ...
    madurofan:
    alienmisprint:

Its a hand made Robusto. Sheesh, some people are just so dense ...
    Lol, thank you for the insight. How could I have been so stooopid?
    HA ... if you could upload a pic somehow that might be helpful. Its not ringing any bells.
    Unfortunately, I am on a work computer that doesn't accept outside media, so I would have to find someone who still has their personal computer here, transfer the picture to that computer, burn a disc, upload it to this computer, then find a proxy avoidance site that will let me upload to Photobucket or some other photo hosting site, and finally post it here. Lol, wow, just typing all that was alot of effort - especially since the "t" button on my keyboard is missing so every time I type a "t" I have to pick up a pen and scrape it around in the spot where the "t" key used to be.

FYI - you use that letter alot.
    LMAO!!!!! How low ar eyou on the totum pole that you can't get a keyboard with a 'T'!
    madurofan:
    LMAO!!!!! How low ar eyou on the totum pole that you can't get a keyboard with a 'T'!
    [sighs] I know, huh?
  • cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    alienmisprint:

Where did you order them? Key West Havana Cigar Company?
    From what I find, looks like a private label for this company. Google Key West Havana Cigars.
    cheyman:
    alienmisprint:

Where did you order them? Key West Havana Cigar Company?
    From what I find, looks like a private label for this company. Google Key West Havana Cigars.
    Googled it, and you were right. Looks like a house blend for Key West cigars, which is odd because I ordered it from one of the bigger online sellers. From what I can tell according to their site, it is a conneticut wrapper, and this is apparently their corona size (their robusto is 44 rg, but the corona is 50?). Oh well, I am sure I will get around to smoking it sooner or later, I'll let yall know what I think.
  • Okay I got one, green label "Havana Select" by K. Hansotia.... where can I get some? besides the site from FL? anybody know anything more about this line?
    If its by K. Hansotia its one of the MANY Gurkha blends.
  • madurofan:
    If its by K. Hansotia its one of the MANY Gurkha blends.
    Well, then "Calling all Gurkha Warriors"