Home General Discussion

I think I'm cursed

Not a good week: today i tried smoking a Bolivar Dominicana, I still have a good 2 inches left and it will be the fourth time relighting it due to tunneling while I keep my humidor at roughly 68% RH, yesterday i smoked a CAO Italia that started to unravel with a perfectly good cut, the other day i tried to smoke an Augusto Reyes that tasted like a penny, and i also recieved a Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon thats unraveling at the end!. How do I rid myself of this curse!?

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    smbrink:
    Not a good week: today i tried smoking a Bolivar Dominicana, I still have a good 2 inches left and it will be the fourth time relighting it due to tunneling while I keep my humidor at roughly 68% RH, yesterday i smoked a CAO Italia that started to unravel with a perfectly good cut, the other day i tried to smoke an Augusto Reyes that tasted like a penny, and i also recieved a Cusano 59 Rare Cameroon thats unraveling at the end!. How do I rid myself of this curse!?

Do you have a hygrometer in your Humi? If so maybe you should try to calibrate it to ensure that it is giving you accurate readings.
    If you are unsure how to do this...seach here for the "Salt test" and these instructions will walk you thru the caliration steps to ensure an accurate reading from your Hygrometer. Hope that helps.
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Yeah I did the salt test when i first got it which was about 3-4 weeks ago.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I can tell you how to get rid of this curse, but you have to get a live goat, some chickens blood, and eye of newt. Oh, and a good sharp razor to shave the goat with. Just wait for a full moon and give me a call, I'll walk ya through it! ;)~
    PuroFreak:
    I can tell you how to get rid of this curse, but you have to get a live goat, some chickens blood, and eye of newt. Oh, and a good sharp razor to shave the goat with. Just wait for a full moon and give me a call, I'll walk ya through it! ;)~

looks like i gotta hit up Wal-Mart
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    No don't go there, they always have the cheap generic chicken blood and it always goes bad before the sell by date.
  • cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    smbrink:
    PuroFreak:

Make sure it's a Gillette!
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    cheyman:
    smbrink:
    PuroFreak:

Make sure it's a Gillette!
    See, this is where we need Shirley... oh, Shirley, where have you gone?
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

smbrink:

how cold is it where you're smoking,that may have something to do with it if you're smoking outside

Nope. Im inside.... bout 68-70 degrees
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    me thinks you are smoking too fast! dont suck on it so hard! im sure it didnt even buy you dinner!
    I dunno...maybe the Onyx Reserve Im gonna smoke today will break the curse.