Home Cigar 101

new smoker

Im going to stop smoking cigaretts and start smoking cigars is there any sugestions on what I should start with. thanks

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I would recommend checking out a cigar.com label sampler. They are pretty inexpensive and at the very least it will give you and idea of where your taste lies.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey threeroller, First of all welcome. Next, you may know it, but let me say cigar and cigarettes are smoked differently. And not inhaling may take some getting use to. Also slow down when you smoke a cigar, they are meant to be enjoyed sloooowly. As for a brand, every taste is different so get samplers and see what you like. I started mild with ashton, avo, a. fuentes, and yes macanudo. there are so many great labels out there it would be impossible to say what is the best for anyone. I just recently tried 5 Vegas. These are great and very affordable. A nice cigar for any level of taste. Enjoy the search.
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    threeroller, congrats on quitting smoking cigs. I quit last fourth of July and I picked up smoking cigars. I couldn't be happier with my decision. I smoke one to two cigars a week, and that keeps my mind of off cigs. Example, any time you want a cig, just think of how much better cigars taste and how much more enjoyable it is to smoke a cigar. Carlos Torano, Casa Torano, conneticut wrapper,toro was one of my first cigars that I really enjoyed. And even though it seems everyone has something bad to say about macanudo on this site, I really enjoyed macanudo crystal (the tubed one) when I first started smoking. Enjoy your cigar smoking and I think in a little while you won't even miss cigs anymore. Good luck
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i would also say give a few weeks between stopping smokeing cigs and starting cigars. This will give you palate a bit of recovery time.

also keep in mind cigs are a habbit. Cigars are a hobby. dont make cigars a habbit, and dont, for God's sake, inhale.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i would also say give a few weeks between stopping smokeing cigs and starting cigars. This will give you palate a bit of recovery time.

also keep in mind cigs are a habbit. Cigars are a hobby. dont make cigars a habbit, and dont, for God's sake, inhale.
    kuzi I was going to say the same exact thing. I quit smoking after I had already gotten into cigars a little. I did not smoke anything for a couple of months. You need to understand that cigars also contain nicotine and if you don't get that completely out of your system smoking a cigar may actually make you want a cigarette more. Now all that said I'd recommend walking into your B&M and asking him to recommend a Mild and a medium cigar and decide which is better to you and go from there.