Home General Discussion

delicious, inexpensive cigars

bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
As much as I enjoy super-premiums and don't mind paying for them I am always on the hunt for great tasting cigars that are flying under the radar. I thought it might be fun to start a thread where we could praise the diamonds in the ruff we've found.

What each person considers inexpensive varies greatly so I thought I'd put the cap at $3 or less (buying in bulk or on sale/DD to get that price totally qualifies, that's one of the great benefits of owning a humidor!).

Some of the cigars I've been enjoying lately that I've gotten for $3 or less:

Capoeira
Padilla 1948 Edicion Limitada
Gran Habano #3
PDR Sungrown

I've really been very happy with these and many, many more. I didn't want to get into a lengthy review of these in order to keep the opening post short but I'd love to hear about the inexpensive cigars that you enjoy smoking!

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    It's funny you bring this up. I'm actually doing a value smoke week on my blog lol xIcedGuardianx gave me the inspiration for it

http://thedailycigar.blogspot.com/

• My favorite cheapie? Gran Habano Vintage 2002. Gorgeous presentation. Beautifully constructed. Floral, to nutty, to cedar with lots of pepper throughout and smooooooooth. A great looking great tasting cigar that you can enjoy and afford to pass out to acquaintances and newbies.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Kristania is a brand new budget cigar from Kristoff that in my one experience with them was a pretty good smoke.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    cubanphan:
    My favorite cheapie? Gran Habano Vintage 2002. Gorgeous presentation. Beautifully constructed. Floral, to nutty, to cedar with lots of pepper throughout and smooooooooth. A great looking great tasting cigar that you can enjoy and afford to pass out to acquaintances and newbies.
    +1
    Several members here also recommend the Flor de Oliva Robusto - I now have 20+ of these - and they are a great medium smoke, good flavor and burn, same cost as the GH 2002 (great morning with coffee smoke)
    And, I have to mention the Diesel Shorty that you can always find here for under $3/ea.

• KingoftheCove:
    +1
    Several members here also recommend the Flor de Oliva Robusto - I now have 20+ of these - and they are a great medium smoke, good flavor and burn, same cost as the GH 2002 (great morning with coffee smoke)
    And, I have to mention the Diesel Shorty that you can always find here for under $3/ea.

I'll have to check those out...the Sumatras and Maduros both sound great!
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Diesel d.x is my go to. The LHC OF and DC are also on my list of great under $3. So many great offerings for under $3 no matter your palate. If you are on a limited budget for cigars we are in a golden age.
  • blue label robusto, and anything perdomo you can usually pick up for around $3 per stick on someones daily deal...i love perdomo....just sayin!
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I personally like the Cu-Avana and the El Mejor Emerald
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    +1...I also enjoy Franks Way, Padilla Hybrid and Achillies

• J fuego Origen Orignals
    Thunder by Nimish
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I will have to put my hat in the ring and say the Sancho Panza Double Maduro. They are practically off the radar now and are IMHO a quality smoke with great classic maduro flavors.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I've tried the La Perla Habana Morado and Black Pearl. Both are pretty cheap and good. The Flor de Oliva mazos are good as well, I've tried the sumatra wrapper in the corona vitola and really enjoyed those. I bought a few Est 1844 No. 50, and those are a delicious little smoke!
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    5vegas knuckles on dd
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    +1...I also enjoy Franks Way, Padilla Hybrid and Achillies

Really been interested in trying the Achilles and the Hybrid in particular.... seems like it could be a very different approach and a unique profile, can you PM me your tasting notes, haven't tried those bad boys yet. Thanks brother :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Always a GHV2002 fan!

but if sales and DDs count... I've gotten MoW Ruinations for $2.64 before... lol. I would say that is the best under $3 cigar ever! LMAO
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Kristania is a brand new budget cigar from Kristoff that in my one experience with them was a pretty good smoke.

Where might one find these? Love the Kristoff brand, so this would be up my alley....
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I love the Gran Habano Vintage 2002, Padilla Single Batch #RC17, and Blue Label.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The Cu-avana Intenso can be bought for sub $3 most of the time. It is a go to cigar for me, particularly the gordo. That short fat stick is really good IMO
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    CvilleE:
    y2pascoe:

Where might one find these? Love the Kristoff brand, so this would be up my alley....
    Err....at my B&M in Newport, RI. That might be a tad out of your way. CCom doesn't seem to be carrying any of Kristoffs newer lines, hopefully they pick them up.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Always a GHV2002 fan!

but if sales and DDs count... I've gotten MoW Ruinations for $2.64 before... lol. I would say that is the best under $3 cigar ever! LMAO
    Damn!!! I've never gotten Ruinations for less than $3 otherwise that would have topped my list. Nice score, that IS the best $3 cigar ever!!! I've been able to get most of my CAOs for $3 or less and I'm very happy with them.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    CvilleE:
    y2pascoe:

Err....at my B&M in Newport, RI. That might be a tad out of your way. CCom doesn't seem to be carrying any of Kristoffs newer lines, hopefully they pick them up.

Thank u sir...just a side note...I was just looking at CCom and they now have an 8 box sampler of Kristoff that includes 3 new Kristoff blends....I'm assuming the Kristania is one of them??????

• MessickMessick Posts: 86
    + one on the diesel uhc shorty and torpedo I have also found the padillia Black Bear to be a good budget smoke, Also the Vegas AAA
    Yesterday went out with the dogs and had a Blue Label (made by GH) Robusto and was reminded what a great tasting stogie that is. Made me want to start smoking more of them more often.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    dowjr1:
    Yesterday went out with the dogs and had a Blue Label (made by GH) Robusto and was reminded what a great tasting stogie that is. Made me want to start smoking more of them more often.
    Agreed. BigT06 hooked me up with one of these a bit back and I fell in love. Fantastic smoke. For the price, well, even better.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Gold Maduro Toro.
    +1 on the 5V Gold Maduro and CV Intenso...both in my humi.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Diesel unlimited or mow puro. My go to cigars

"Long ashes my friends."

• ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ug dan:
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte
    ..now your talking. That is a good one.