Home General Discussion

POOP on a stick

Well its seems i will be doing more trades and spending less. The Mrs. just hit me with a list of my spending habbits....ouch....

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Been there.... hell, I am there. lol

it will pass.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    It is ok young padawan learner. You must learn to deal with the dark side of the force.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Cigars are really the only luxury I indulge in, so when an occasional payment to Cigars.com comes through the budget, Mrs. K doesnt say anything. As long as all the other bills are payed. Trades are nice too.. I like the surprise aspect of them.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    The gf doesnt have a say yet haha! but when i make her my mrs. im sure she'll have a say....i just wont listen lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is good or not. But I was giving a cutoff and once I hit it. That's it or else. Don't know what the or else is because I only tread the line. But don't go over it, lol....

• michaelharveymichaelharvey Posts: 201
    well i assume shes kinda right...i did kinda go nuts in the past 2 weeks.
    i cutoff sounds like a good plan
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Ever think about getting separate bank accounts ?
    amz1301:
    sometimes....
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    I have 3 and a split DD into all 3 in smaller amounts. LOL
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Wow sounds like you need to either get a woman that doesn't complain or a seperate bank account.
    My wife never questions me about cigars and I never question her about handbags/shoes ect.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    She will slowly open up to it. If she is anything like mine she is scared with the initial cost and potential time commitment(I smoke at the B&M, not at home) but once she sees you are passionate and respectful she is bound to lighten up and let you fully embrace your new hobby. Let me know if you are looking for any particular sticks and we can work out a trade!

-Shaun
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Daily thing for me. Even when trades come in, I get the look and say I didn't buy these, lol
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    james40:
    Daily thing for me. Even when trades come in, I get the look and say I didn't buy these, lol
    That's the best way to pawn it off, just pray she doesn't see the invoice :)
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    The gf doesnt have a say yet haha! but when i make her my mrs. im sure she'll have a say....i just wont listen lol.
    May I suggest a cigar(s) clause in the prenuptials... :O)
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    james40:
    That's the best way to pawn it off, just pray she doesn't see the invoice :)
    That was already in my head, I have not gotten the look yet..
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I dont ever get "the look" or any comments at all about what I spend on cigars or liquor or beer . I may spend a lot for 3 months in a row and then go 3-4 months without ordering or drinking anything, and then light it up again . Never any re-marks and she has even bought me cigars for Christmas and stopped by the liquor store for me if I had to work late . She even encourages me to go to the once a month cigar event with a friend that one of my local B&M hosts . All of our bills are paid on time and some even ahead , maybe thats it .

Now you guys are giving me a complex of some sort !!! Damn it , if my wife loves me , why isn't she bit_ching about this !!! LOL !!!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    I dont ever get "the look" or any comments at all about what I spend on cigars or liquor or beer . I may spend a lot for 3 months in a row and then go 3-4 months without ordering or drinking anything, and then light it up again . Never any re-marks and she has even bought me cigars for Christmas and stopped by the liquor store for me if I had to work late . She even encourages me to go to the once a month cigar event with a friend that one of my local B&M hosts . All of our bills are paid on time and some even ahead , maybe thats it .

Now you guys are giving me a complex of some sort !!! Damn it , if my wife loves me , why isn't she bit_ching about this !!! LOL !!!
    LOL never mind all that, does she have a sister who is available?
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    If all of your "must do's" are taken care of (i.e. mortgage, car payments, etc etc) then spend you're money that you work hard for. All that other jazz is for the birds...you cant take it with you when you die, period.
  • I know exactly what you are talking about but fortunately my girl doens't have a say in what I buy. I get the look when I start opening that brown box. Also, she understands I work almost all of the OT I can get so I earned that money I spent and it's not hers and all the bills are paid. But it seems no matter when I buy something it always gets delivered on a day I am at work (24 hr. shifts). I'll get a call and she will say "A package came today, did you buy something for me?" knowing exactly what it is. It also helps that we have separate accounts.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I must be lucky, but I don't get a hard time for my cigar spending... *crossing fingers*
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even want a list or want to know. My wife gets upset about packages coming and going when it gets to excess. For the most part she is cool with it though. If I ever sat down and looked at figures or saw it on paper I might not like it so I will just keep pretending as long as I can.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    It never fails when I get more than 1 box of cigars it shows up on a saturday when the wifes home and I'm working.
    The Kid:
    JSaint:
    lol she's already said she will never sign anything. Ill just have to rule with an iron backhand......lol!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    The Kid:
    JSaint:
    lol she's already said she will never sign anything. Ill just have to rule with an iron backhand......lol!

Well, you know the old saying - "Women, dogs, and walnut trees - the more you beat 'em, the better they are!"
    jlmarta:
    JSaint:
    The Kid:
    JSaint:

Well, you know the old saying - "Women, dogs, and walnut trees - the more you beat 'em, the better they are!"
    lol oh man!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    AJGARLETT:
    If all of your "must do's" are taken care of (i.e. mortgage, car payments, etc etc) then spend you're money that you work hard for. All that other jazz is for the birds...you cant take it with you when you die, period.
    exactly... that's why I am officially requesting to be in your cigar will. LMAO

but seriously, that's good advice. Don't be stupid... pay the bills first... but then reward yourself (and your woman) with some of life's finer things.
  • MessickMessick Posts: 86
    I get the feeling that I will be rowing that boat with you. I got the "Holidays are coming up and we need to save money for the kids Christmas" talk yesterday. It is all the because of the cigar sprint sale in my house. I watch it like a TV show.