Home Non Cigar Related

B&M Employee

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
So it looks like I may have accepted a VERY part time job at the local B&M I hang out at all the time. After being asked a few times if I'd want to work a day or two here and there, I finally accepted and go in tomorrow to fill out the app and all that. Its very part time like maybe one day a week and I'm only doing it for fun but just thought I'd share with you guys.

It does however mean a VERY nice discount for me. So I may end up with a need for more storage, lol.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Congrats - especially on the discounts
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Good for you Maddy. Now I can say I know someone "in the business"
    So NOW it's time to start on that walk in humi Maddy...
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I don't know if the B&M owner properly accounted for his reduction in revenue in addition to the minor expense of paying you a wage. You'll own that place in no time :)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I'm pretty stoked about it. I'll know for sure tomorrow how it'll all work.

Duty I believe your assesment may be correct. When he starts running out of cigars before they hit the shelves ...
  • That's awesome man! I wish there was a B&M close enough to where I live to work, but that's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cool maddy now would you be willing to take some orders?
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well now, I feel it would be inappropriate to discuss that on the open forum. ;) We'll talk when I know details.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Atta go, maddy. Fun! Remember who your friends are when you see that shipment of unobtainables come in.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Congrats Maddy! But you will never make a dime... and yes - about the unobtainables ...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Hey, tumbler. Haven't seen you around for a bit.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Maddy will be the only person with a job that ends up with him owing the employer money. lol, instead of a paycheck you'll get a due bill. :D
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    One for you, one for me, one for you, one for me...
    urbino:
    Atta go, maddy. Fun! Remember who your friends are when you see that shipment of unobtainables come in.
    Indeed! When we get those new shipments of Vintage Macadoodoo's I'll be sure to let you guys know. ;) Seriously though, you know I'll let you know if we get anything hard to come by in. They already have some rare stuff in. The El Truinfador, Ashton ESG and the Fuente Sampler with Hemingways,Anejos and Opuses.
    j0z3r:
    Maddy will be the only person with a job that ends up with him owing the employer money. lol, instead of a paycheck you'll get a due bill. :D
    Honestly this will probably be the truth. Working one day a week and all those discounts on Pipes and humis. I'll owe money.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I thought about getting a job at the local B&M but then I thought about the lidea of having a part time job again and I almost puked! Maybe when I finish my Graduate degree I'll consider it but not in the near future. Congrats though. I always thought it would be cool to be able to smoke at work and get paid for it!
    Yea i can't believe I'm taking a part time gig either but I figured I'm up there that often anyways. He's completely willing to work with my schedule so it should be fun.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    Honestly this will probably be the truth. Working one day a week and all those discounts on Pipes and humis. I'll owe money.

Well hell yeah Maddy. Didn't you notice on the schedule all those other "one day a week employees"?
    You guys are his "bread and butter" customers, not actually employees at all ! LMAO.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Should be a great oppurtunity to learn a lotta new things about the industry, cigars and accessories...not that you don't have a wide base of  knowledge now...just a good chance to expand. You may get tired of us trying to siphon all the knowledge off your brain! Good luck with it as it sounds more like a visit to a friend than a job ...
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:

Well hell yeah Maddy. Didn't you notice on the schedule all those other "one day a week employees"?
    You guys are his "bread and butter" customers, not actually employees at all ! LMAO.
    LOL. He told me they've been screwed by people before who would work once or twice then buy a bunch of stuff on discount and never come back. Now the longer and more you work the better your discount. Which makes sense to me.
    gmill880:
    Should be a great oppurtunity to learn a lotta new things about the industry, cigars and accessories...not that you don't have a wide base of  knowledge now...just a good chance to expand. You may get tired of us trying to siphon all the knowledge off your brain! Good luck with it as it sounds more like a visit to a friend than a job ...
    Thats my thinking. It also gives me a chance to use all of the knowledge I've gained. I'll be able to recommend and teach as much as I'll be learning.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well now, I feel it would be inappropriate to discuss that on the open forum. ;) We'll talk when I know details.
    yeah, good call. Well congrats my friend. but you'll have to let some of us know when you know...
    I'll know this evening and then I'll let you guys know through PM about anything worth mentioning.
    Just FYI, I start in a couple weeks :).
  • madurofan:
    And so, the downward spiral begins...
    Dude Love:
    madurofan:
    And so, the downward spiral begins...
    Indeed.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Congrats Maddy, it should be fun at least and if you come across any decent size scratch and dent humis let me know. I'm overflowing. LOL
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    And if you accidentally forget to inventory a few boxes of some primo smokes....:)
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I'll be down that way the first week of April or so....