Home Non Cigar Related

Fantasy Golf

Not sure if any one talked about this yet but I was wondering it if any one wanted to start a fanty golf leage.  I it was fun last year and could do it again.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    so.... im not into sports, andive never done a fantasy league of any sport, but i understand the concept (maybe not given the question im about to ask)
    how would fantasy GOLF work?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kuzi16:
    so.... im not into sports, andive never done a fantasy league of any sport, but i understand the concept (maybe not given the question im about to ask)
    It works like this: Draft Tiger Woods. Failing that, wait 'til next year.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    I play a lot of Fantasy football but how exactly would fantasy golf work?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Isn't tiger out for the rest of the tour? anyhoo I love golf but not sure how this works too..
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Isn't tiger out for the rest of the tour? anyhoo I love golf but not sure how this works too..
    It aint all that great...you draft like four golfers or something and you get points for where they finish...something like 20 for a first place finish and it descends from there based on what place they finish. What Duty says applies...Tiger or die.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I think it will be interesting to see if Tiger is the end all and be all of the tour this year. His knee surgery isn't something that you come back from and be 120%, like Tiger is used to being. I think we'll start seeing a more human side of Tiger's game this year. IMO, that's unfortunate, I love seeing him perform and pull off what seems improbable...he has done it so much.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    bbc020:
    I think it will be interesting to see if Tiger is the end all and be all of the tour this year. His knee surgery isn't something that you come back from and be 120%, like Tiger is used to being. I think we'll start seeing a more human side of Tiger's game this year. IMO, that's unfortunate, I love seeing him perform and pull off what seems improbable...he has done it so much.
    Hmmm, not sure I agree. He won the Masters on one knee. Give him one and a half knees and he's pretty much unbeatable. Which is why I hate watching him and love to root against him. Go Rocco.
  • well each week you get to pick new players.  So yes most of the time having tiger woods is the right thing to do but every one in the leag has him picked.  Its the other players you choose and on what day of the turnament to play theme is the key.  And players only get 10 starts so if you pick tiger every time to start after 10 starts he is out for you to pick, for the season.  If you watch golf it might make it more interresting or if you watch a little it will probably make it more interresting.  It did for me.  You can set your team each week and forget it or change it every day after the turnament.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Well that definitely makes it more interesting.. Particularly the setting of a lineup of players for the weekend.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Heh that does sound cool.