Home Non Cigar Related

Driving Experiences shape my life (I needed to share this with you guys)

Ever have a person who got so bent out of shape because you beat them on the street. That happened to me tonight. I was driving home with the cruise set at a tame 70 mph when I signaled my intention to merge into the right lane after passing a Saturn coupe. Lowe and behold, the guy turns out to be a douche bag and starts speeding up in order to keep me from passing him. I promptly realize what is going on and drop my car into 4th gear and put the pedel (sp? I've had a few drinks since I got home) to the floor leaving the Saturn struggling to gather lost ground.

Once I get into the right lane (afterall, my exit is coming upon me quickly at 105 mph) he pulls up behind me and starts flashing his brights. I responded my turning my tail lights on and off. After about half a mile of that, he decides that he is wants to pass me.

I waited until he got about half way up my car and dropped down to fourth again and proceeded to beat his ass across that highway again. At this point I slowed down because I was almost at my exit. Saturn decides to jump behind me and ride my ass. I decided to test his brakes with my car. I jammed on the binders and lost 20 mph in the blink of an eye. He never hit me, but, I think at that point, I had struck a nerve.

I pulled off the highway and he proceeded to follow me. Just to make sure that it wasn't his exit, I decided to take an interesting and very scenic route home and possibly to the local police station. Needless to say, that wasn't his exit. He continued to follow me for a few minutes flashing his brights at me wanting me to pull over and confront me. I just kept driving until he passed me on a double yellow.

After that had happened, I turned my car around and drove back home. It's amazing how people react to being over powered on the street.

P.S. I drive a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS that specs and 165 WHP.

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Wow, normally flashing the lights indicates a guy is looking for a race(atleast it does out here in CA), but not in a saturn!! And definatley not against a Lancer. Easy on the 105mph, you got a wife to think about now :). Last time i got into it on the street i was in my Cavalier....not the fastest thing in the world but i was following a car down the road at 105-ish.....cop nailed us both.
  • Jetmech_63:
    Wow, normally flashing the lights indicates a guy is looking for a race(atleast it does out here in CA), but not in a saturn!! And definatley not against a Lancer. Easy on the 105mph, you got a wife to think about now :). Last time i got into it on the street i was in my Cavalier....not the fastest thing in the world but i was following a car down the road at 105-ish.....cop nailed us both.
    That sucks. I really shoulnd't race either. I'm trying to start a business as a truck driver this year and a ticket at 100+ mph wouldn't look that good.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Man I've had stuff like this happen to me too. I drove a Corvette in High School and then had a turbo MR2 in College. I took the turbo emblems off the mr. 2 hoping it would attract a little less attention but the dual Greddy pipes coming out the rear anounced its presence.

I once got hit in that MR2 at about 135. I put it through the floor and ran. I saw a gas station up ahead and locked the brakes down, practically slid into the gas station and pulled up to the air pump like I was putting air in my tires. Everybody is looking at me like I'm crazy, just then the cop goes roaring by, lights blaring. I immediately jumped in the car and took off found the first way off of that road and took a long detour through another county to get the rest of the way home.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I get that alot here in the city of salt from the M.A.V.'s (Mormon Assault Vehicles (mini van's)) they are reckless P.S. I drive a 99 Ram v8 that's stacked