Home General Discussion

Thanksgiving Smoke

Happy Thanksgiving to you fine gentlemen on this forum. What was your cigar of choice to stave off the turkey coma? I think I'm going with a Kristoff Maduro.

Comments

• michaelharveymichaelharvey Posts: 201
    AF Anejo for me
  • I'm at work right now, and my official pig out is tomorrow. I've saved a Padron 1964 for the occasion.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I had an Ave Maria Reconquista. A very nice three hour cigar.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't get a stick yesterday and had to work 2am-10:30am today (still at work currently just on my last break) working in retail. To celebrate surviving I'm gonna light up a Padron Family Reserve 85th Maduro... Should put me back into my happy place and get rid of the serious annoyment and disgust I have for the general population and management. At least that's what I'm hoping lol ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Well, Irishman, at first I was going to bemoan your bad luck with the work shift, but if you're going to burn up a Padron Family Reserve 85th Maduro today, I'd say you are truly blessed. Maybe you could give us a review? I know what you mean about dealing with the general public, though, they can be a particularly nasty bunch sometimes. I fired up one of my favorite sticks yesterday; an Oliva V double robusto paired up with a Guiness. Hope all you cigar dogs out there had a great day yesterday, but if you didn't, here's to a better today.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    My cigar was a La Aurora Maduro.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Had a DPG Cuban Classic with a year on it in front of the fire pit. What a great way to digest a metric ton of food and reflect on tehlessings in my life.

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Didn't get a stick yesterday and had to work 2am-10:30am today (still at work currently just on my last break) working in retail. To celebrate surviving I'm gonna light up a Padron Family Reserve 85th Maduro... Should put me back into my happy place and get rid of the serious annoyment and disgust I have for the general population and management. At least that's what I'm hoping lol ;)
    I might be crazy...well, definitely, but about this in particular...but I've been saying repeatedly this year how much I miss working retail on black friday and during the holiday rush...I truly miss the madness of it!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Went to my buddies house for the big event and after the dinner and desert I figured He and I could escape the madness and spark one up. Well his better half requested that he didn't and hang with the family. I can respect that. He was looking to burn one since he is also in retail and this time of year it can be pretty rare to get a stick in.

So I went home, put the sticks away and passed out on the couch instead. Maybe today I can get one in. Just depends on if the kiddo will take a long nap for me.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Had a DPG Cuban Classic with a year on it in front of the fire pit. What a great way to digest a metric ton of food and reflect on tehlessings in my life.

Glen, the DPG CC with a year is truly a wonderful cigar and add in the fire pit, that sounds sublime.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Cu-avana Punisher. BTW, I still went comatose. Not sure if it was the turkey or the Punisher
  • GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    After my nap i had an Illusione Epernay La Ferme. Today I'm having an E. P. Carrillo club 52.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    After my dinner I sat outside with my Dad and enjoyed a Gurkha Symphony that I have had resting since Christmas 2010. It was great! The only problem was it was very damp out and I had to correct the wrapper a few times but overall an enjoyable smoke.

Rob
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nothing :(

Woke up Thursday morning with plugged sinuses, that have barely just started to chill out finally. Hopefully I'll be burning one by Tuesday, if the nice weather holds.
  • I had a nice CAO Gold to enjoy while on break from classes. Had a CAO Brazilia before returning back to campus.