Home General Discussion

Official Introduction

jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

I just joined the other day and have made a few posts but wanted to formally introduce myself. My name is Jim and I've been a cigar smoker for many years now. It's mainly been a once in a while type thing and I've tried before to do a humidor but could just never get them to take. Finally decided a few months ago to try again after seeing all the new humidification options out there.

I got a nice Rocky Patel humidor and some cigars to start off with and have added some more since then. I got a couple 5/5 combos with 5 Vegas Gold and Hoyo Excalibur in one and Graycliff Profesinale and Cohiba red Dot in the other. I also got some cheap $1 sticks as well just to have as knock around smokes and to have for if people are over and want a cigar. Since then I added a Nub Sampler and 10 Nub Plus Habano, a 20 Maduro Sampler with some RP Edge, Perdoma Habano, Nica Libre, Alec Bradley Maxx and Oliva Series O and a CAO sampler.

So far I've enjoyed them all except for the Graycliffs. I had issues with each and every one of those and was just very disappointed. The other ones have all been great though and I've really grown to like the Maduro and Habano wrappers. When I first got everything a few months ago I was sticking to milder stuff to build up my tolerance and not get overwhelmed so I kept away from the Maduro stuff at first but they definitely hit the spot now. Sometimes I still get a little woozy here and there but that's not a bad thing lol.

Anyway, seems like a great group of people here and I'm glad I found this place. Looking forward to trying more great cigars and if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Been checking out some samplers and some look pretty good but it's always nice to get some input as well.
Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
2015 Gang War - East Coast
Enola Gay - Target #29

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome aboard Jimmy.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Thanks and sorry for the giant wall of text. I split it into paragraphs but it's not showing up that way for some reason.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Jimmy, where ya' from?
  • welcome to the madness/fun!! If you want to split up sentences just quote my post and you will see the page breaks

<---here
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Welcome to the forums!! Its an AWESOME bunch of guys here (and girls also). Plenty of good info as well. If you have questions throw them out there and someone probably knows the answer and can help.
    kaspera79:
    Welcome Jimmy, where ya' from?
    Thanks and I'm in Phoenix. Been here since '92 but was born and raised back in Niagara Falls, NY.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

AJGARLETT:
    welcome to the madness/fun!! If you want to split up sentences just quote my post and you will see the page breaks

Thanks and fixed it. Tried with one of the break tags and with paragraph tags but neither worked.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Jimmy ...... So glad to hear you escaped the abyss known as the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area ....... I am in Cheektowaga ....... Have fun and you should probably look into getting a bigger humidor ..... I'd suggest maybe a coolidor.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Welcome aboard Jimmy!
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    welcome to the forums, and yes get a cooler and protect your address with all costs or you will be shelling out money for mailboxes!
  • bdmauk24bdmauk24 Posts: 74
    Welcome to the forum, Jimmy. Glad to have you.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome brother, this is a great community here.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!!!
  • Welcome aboard Jimmy!
    Thanks everyone, appreciate the warm welcome.
    kingjk729:
    Welcome to the forums Jimmy ...... So glad to hear you escaped the abyss known as the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area ....... I am in Cheektowaga ....... Have fun and you should probably look into getting a bigger humidor ..... I'd suggest maybe a coolidor.
    Going to back to NF for a few weeks around Christmas and New Year. I was back there at that time last year too and it was my first time back in the winter in a long time and I actually really enjoyed it. I always liked the cold weather and it just never really feels like Christmas when you're in a hotter climate like AZ. Possibly even thinking of moving back there at some point. Been tough getting freelance stuff going out here and I have more family back there too.

I've seen people do the coolidors before and they're definitely a nice way to store a lot of cigars but I'm just not to that point yet. The RP humidor works really well for me right now but if I ever get to where I can swing getting more cigars and boxes I'll definitely look into doing that. The wine fridge idea is pretty cool too and I've seen some nice ones people set up.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums!

Rob
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Welcome!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jimmy
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jimmy glad to have you aboard my friend! It certainly sounds ludicrous right now to get a coolidor, but trust me it isn't. These guys are insanely generous and in less than two weeks your RP Humi will be severly overwhelmed... Don't believe me then just look through the Trades Bombs and Pass section and prepare to have you sanity tested ;) enjoy and let the obsession begin!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the most informative forum on the web. Great people here. Enjoy.
    Thanks again everyone for the very warm welcome.
    90+ Irishman:
    Welcome Jimmy glad to have you aboard my friend! It certainly sounds ludicrous right now to get a coolidor, but trust me it isn't. These guys are insanely generous and in less than two weeks your RP Humi will be severly overwhelmed... Don't believe me then just look through the Trades Bombs and Pass section and prepare to have you sanity tested ;) enjoy and let the obsession begin!
    Thanks and yeah I was just glad to find a nice place like this but have definitely been overwhelmed by the reception and how great everyone is. Hoping to be a good contributor and add to the craziness. :)
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy shoot me a PM if you want to get on the good traders list. I'll sponsor you for you first trade. Give me a list of smokes you want to try, you like, or tastes and wrappers or companies you are hungering for. We will get this show on the road ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Glad to have you! As for suggestions, I'm a big fan Of the San Latano line right now and the Habano is particularly great. I would try them all though.
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Welcome! Good to see another Arizonian on the board
  • Bubba3650Bubba3650 Posts: 84
    Welcome