Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Up for trade...

Hey guys, I've got 4 Gurkha Titans that I'm just not crazy about, so I figured I'd see if someone would like to trade something for them.

I'd like to do an even trade for some Oliva Serie V chuchills or Ashton VSG robustos, or some of both. I'm open to other offers though.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd also like to get rid of some Gurkha Sherpas I have....I just cannot bring myself to like this cigar, and I have tried. So if anyone is interested in some Sherpas, I think I have about 12 or 13 left and would be looking to get rid of them all. I'd trade them for pretty much anything just to get rid of them.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I like the Sherpa, Joe, but I'm stocked up right now. Sorry. Kas might be interested.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I like the Sherpa, Joe, but I'm stocked up right now. Sorry. Kas might be interested.
    As I read my name I thought, Yeah, what would you like Joe?
    I hadn't really thought about what I want...Let's see, I've got 11 of the Sherpas, so would you part with a fiver of your beloved Bauzas for them?
    Sure.. I've got Robustos and Torpedos, any preference. These little guys have about a year on them.. They should be pretty good..
    If you're good with 3 robustos and 2 torpedos, that would be great. I've only had the lonsdale and it left me wanting more, so I've been looking to try another size.

So if that's good by you, I'll pm you my address. I still have your info, and if all is good for you, I'll get this in the mail tomorrow.
    j0z3r:
    If you're good with 3 robustos and 2 torpedos, that would be great. I've only had the lonsdale and it left me wanting more, so I've been looking to try another size.

So if that's good by you, I'll pm you my address. I still have your info, and if all is good for you, I'll get this in the mail tomorrow.
    Consider it a done deal. I can hit the Post Office tomorrow too.
    Awesome, pm sent and I'll have these in the mail tomorrow. I'll hit you with some tracking info then. Thanks for the trade.

Now if I could just get someone to take these Titans off my hands... :)
    I've got six of those monsters and never have the time or energy for that much cigar at one time. At least not in the Winter
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    are the titans that bad?
    After much anticipation, I sat down with one last week. It was probably the biggest let down of a cigar, in my opinion, that I've had. Don't let that dissuade you from trying one, it's not that it is a bad cigar, I just found the flavor to be too light and sparse...one of the reasons I tend to shy away from cigars larger than a 52-54 ring, I feel the flavor tends to get washed out.

Andy: Bad? no. They're just not my cup of tea.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    ok...I've got a several back during the summer that I haven't had the time to smoke being as large as they are. I tend to smoke smaller gauges also. I put one in my aging box to put extra time on it just in case I like them. I need to find the time to try one. If not I will be passing them or trading them.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    If I'm at my local shop with some extra cash soon, I'll pick up some olivas and ashtons. If anyone else makes any offers before me, go for it.
    Wanted to give this one a little bump.

The four Gurkha Titans are still up for trade.

In addition to that, I'm looking to get rid of some other cigars that I don't much care for to free up some room. Up for trade:

Partial box Bolivar (Dominican) lonsdales. I believe there are 19 or 20 still in the box. I just can't get behind this one, the flavor doesn't work for me.

Partial box of Gurkha Warlords. I still have the chest they came in and can send with that. I have around 25-27 of these left of the original 33, have had them in the humi for around 9 months. Another one I just don't find myself liking very much.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I'm not necessarily looking for quantity trades, but more on the lines of equal value.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Joe you're obviously a HUGE Gurkha fan.
    Yeah...I thought they were great at first, then as my tastes evolved and I found what I really like, I don't know, Gurkhas seem boring and not so great anymore.
  • I wouldn't mind trading you for those four sticks since I only have the Titan II left. And your other Gurkha's too( Don't know if I can trade for all, but we can talk more). I don't have anything that you would like that I have, (I think I have an Ashton or two) so tell me what you think is a good trade (for both of us) and I'll pick up some sticks at my local shop.

• Oh, I just saw that your in Southern CA (same here), which parts?

I'm out in Hemet, so Riverside county. If I remember correctly, you mentioned being in Azusa? or am I thinking of someone else?

As for the trade...well I'm not sure what your local place has that I might like, so if you can fill me in on some of the names they carry, I can think of something.
  • Yep Im in Azusa which is about 2 hours(roughly) from Hemet. I'll go check them out today and get back to you.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    SWEET More Californians!!
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Joe - regarding the sherpas. Would be interested in trading for 5 RP R4 and a Gurkha Centurion and a Royal Brigade
    The Sherpas are long gone actually, I traded them away to kas.
    j0z3r:
    The Sherpas are long gone actually, I traded them away to kas.
    I'm keeping those Sherpas, I do enjoy those two buck smokes..My taste in Cigars are wide ranging From two buck Sherpas to 30 buck Opus X..( Rare Estate Reserve 1992). They all have there own special quality.
    If you like it, then two bucks is a helluva price. My go to cigar that is under $4 is and probably always will be the 5 Vegas Gold and Classic. Not the greatest cigars one will experience, but damn good and for a killer price. I've also been meaning to revisit the Cusano P1 line, I really enjoyed those $2.50 cigars.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    There was one particular size in that P1 line that you especially liked, IIRC.
    The corona was my favorite. I did a taste test of all the sizes, and the corona had the best flavor and most complexity. The churchill ran a close second though.
    j0z3r:
    If you like it, then two bucks is a helluva price. My go to cigar that is under $4 is and probably always will be the 5 Vegas Gold and Classic. Not the greatest cigars one will experience, but damn good and for a killer price. I've also been meaning to revisit the Cusano P1 line, I really enjoyed those $2.50 cigars.
    And four buck is a real deal on the Oliva Serie G Maduro Torpedo, I kid you not..I thought the stick was a 10 buck smoke.
    Never bought one, and the one I had today was a pass from Maddy. After checking for them here, I was very surprised at what a great deal they are. It's on my list of get'ems.
    Since we're talking inexpensive smokes here, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Perdomo ESV '91 seconds. Have you tried one of those yet kas? If not, it comes highly recommended from me and mr. urby seems to like it too. For about $45-50 for a bundle of 15, well you do the math, it's right around $3 for a dynamite cigar.
    j0z3r:
    Since we're talking inexpensive smokes here, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Perdomo ESV '91 seconds. Have you tried one of those yet kas? If not, it comes highly recommended from me and mr. urby seems to like it too. For about $45-50 for a bundle of 15, well you do the math, it's right around $3 for a dynamite cigar.
    I have never smoked a " seconds" cigar, for no real reason. I am sure that the minor flaw that makes any cigar a second in no way affects the taste of the cigar, but in my mind I think it is not as good..and never bought any.. Maybe because they are sold in bundles or wheels, and I don't often commit to a large number of cigars unless they are my proven favorites.