Home Non Cigar Related

George is getting upset

LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
Speaking of favoorite Seinfeld episodes...Dooty, what I can only presume is one of your favorites is on.

Why don't you just tell me what movie you want to see?

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Luko:
    Speaking of favoorite Seinfeld episodes...Dooty, what I can only presume is one of your favorites is on.

Why don't you just tell me what movie you want to see?
    LOL.. They're all my favorite :)

I do like to use that quote quite a bit, though. In fact, most of what I say in normal conversation is actually just a quote from a movie or television show, adapted to the situation. This is ironic, because I don't really watch movies or television shows any more. And in case Alanis Morissette stops by the forum, note how I used the word "ironic" to describe an actual irony.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I have a bad habit of quoting movies and shows in everyday conversation and end up looking like an idiot when people don't catch the reference. Like today in a meeting, my boss wanted to know if I could get something done and I told him I was going to eat lightning and crap thunder. He kinda just looked confused and disturbed.

Speaking of ironical situations, remember Jimmy the Cabdriver from those MTV commercials and he did that one on Alanis Morrissette. It was pretty stupid, but maybe a little funny? "It's like when you meet the girl of your dreams, and she's only 13."
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Now this thread makes some sense...I was starting to think you were pulling a lasabar and making a Miller Lite fueled post.

No Miller Lite for you!
    Get out of my kitchen!
    No TV and no beer make Duty something something.
    No TV and no beer make Homer...something something.

Go crazy?

Don't mind if I do.

That right there is my fav Simpsons quote, and given how many quotable quotes there are, that's saying something. :)
    My favorite Simpsons episode features Homer waste-deep in some quicksand...

"That's OK. I'm pretty sure I can struggle my way out.... First I'll pull my legs out with my hands... Now, I'll pull my arms out with my face"
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Luko:
    I have a bad habit of quoting movies and shows in everyday conversation and end up looking like an idiot when people don't catch the reference.
    I get that a lot. Quite often, the quotes are from O Brother, Where Art Thou. Another one I use is, "or even plain."

A nickel to anybody who knows what movie that's from.
    My favorite Homer quote is either the one j0z3r quoted, or the one where Marge is trying to explain to him that his new best friend is gay.

Marge: "He prefers the company of men."

Homer: "Who doesn't?"
    Bart: I smell a museum.
    Homer: Yeah, good things don't end with 'eum,' they end with 'mania' or 'teria.'
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Marge: Mr. Burns says if you don't come to work tomorrow then don't bother coming in on Monday.
    Homer: Whoo-Hoo 4 day weekend!!
  • Has anyone seen the new HD intro for the Simpsons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGz1Ajg7QU
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Luko:
    I have a bad habit of quoting movies and shows in everyday conversation and end up looking like an idiot when people don't catch the reference.
    I get that a lot. Quite often, the quotes are from O Brother, Where Art Thou. Another one I use is, "or even plain."

A nickel to anybody who knows what movie that's from.
    Holiday Inn, ( Damn you like the oldies ) by Ted Hanover ( Fred Astaire) about peaches
    Damn, kas. Nice catch. Did you know it from having seen it? That line cracks me up every time.

For those uninitiated, Astaire's character is an urbane song & dance man (whodathunkit, right?), and his former partner, Bing Crosby, who has moved to a farm in Connecticut, comes for a visit and brings Astaire some peach preserves. Astaire says, "Hey, yeah, those are great on [long pause] Or even plain!"

I use it when somebody comes around to tell about something they've done that they're sure will be a really big help, but it, in truth, will do just the opposite. When they finish up with a big, "This'll really come in handy for ______!", I say, "Or even plain!"

Nobody gets it, but it cracks me right the hell up, which lightens the mood for when I have to tell them they need to go undo whatever it is they were so proud of having done.
    haha, now that the reference is explained, I see the humor. I may just use that sometime, at least it'll make me chuckle.
    Well, urbi.. I saw that one a long time ago. ( not when it was a new release ). My father-in-law lived with my wife and I for a couple years, I worked a crazy 3pm-11pm shift and would get home around midnight and watch old movies with the guy. He loved the stuff from the 40's . I got a true appreciation of the beauty of some of the actresses of that time.
    Marge, I'm going to miss you so much. And it's not just the sex. It's also the food preparation.
    And you wanted to be my latex salesman.
    Please do, Joe. Maybe it can become the first national trend I've ever set.
    kaspera79:
    Well, urbi.. I saw that one a long time ago. ( not when it was a new release ). My father-in-law lived with my wife and I for a couple years, I worked a crazy 3pm-11pm shift and would get home around midnight and watch old movies with the guy. He loved the stuff from the 40's . I got a true appreciation of the beauty of some of the actresses of that time.
    How many times did you see it? I'm just wondering if the line stuck with you that well on one viewing. And, yes, some of those actresses were hott. Ever seen Veronica Lake in "Sullivan's Travels"? Hubba hubba.
    I saw it only once, but the connection was my father-in law was a great cook, and enjoyed pie as well. The next day we had peach pie. I can't remember Miss Lake, but after a search, yes she was pretty, pretty.