Home General Discussion

Virtual B&M

Well, I know my title is a contradiction in terms, since a B&M is a real bricks & mortar place to go buy cigars and smoke them, gather around and shoot the breeze and what have you. But I can't get to one so I'd like to experience with you guys, if you'll play along, my own little B&M experience. I'm going to go to this B&M right now and go up to the man and buy myself an....um....how bout an Opus X. Hey, I'm celebrating my first group cigar experience, so why not. Now I find myself sitting down with a group of you here, anyone that wants to join in. Let's also pretend, while we're at it, that you can drink anything you want also. So, I think I'll have some Remy Martin XO Cognac (maybe I'll like it better than the VSOP). I get a snifter of that. So....nice to meet you guys, what do we talk about at this B&M? What will you smoke with me and will you be drinking? Milk or water is fine too....coffee.....anything else.

Comments

• jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Hey Salem...(walking out of walk-in humi)...I grabbed a LP no.9! This diet coke should go good with it! The guys got a table in the corner near the vent. Let me go pay for this and I'll make my way over there too.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Roleplaying a B&M?

Anyway, I like that big leather chair over in the corner. I found a box of 858 Sungrowns at the bottom of the pile, and picked one of those. Not sure what I want to drink yet, but this fantasy B&M looks like it has a massive bar...
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Nice to meet you Junior and doc. Let's see.....the leather chair, does it have a big table in the middle with lots of chairs around it? I'm hoping we get lots of folks to join us. I think that IS a huge bar over there....with anything you can imagine to drink. *sips small sip of Cognac*
    @ Doc...whats up man? Good to see ya.

@ Salem...so I hear ya hubby's not happy about the cigar thing? My wife hasn't warmed up to that for years. I think she just gave up.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    LMAO Well, ok
    I come sauntering in, Yeah I've been drinking but I'm not drunk..(yet)..I have a flask of some Jagermeister in my inside shirt pocket. I sit down and start askin around for a cigar, Spent all my pocket money on the jager. So Doc throws me a Perdomo 10th ave maddy. I gladly accept as I am torchin the foot, we start talking bout the football playoffs, but that conversation somehow turns to girl football, next thing we know were all talkin about whether or not we are pro/con for boob implants. A's I'm smoking, Im thinking of a chicken philly sandwich, and how good one would be right about now.. Ahhh this perdomo is tasting good.
    @ kid...Doc clipped it all ready...your smoking it backwards man! Pass the jager please!! I'll def drink what he's having!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    @ kid...Doc clipped it all ready...your smoking it backwards man! Pass the jager please!! I'll def drink what he's having!
    Oh damn I am smokin it backward,, oh well too late now,,back to our convo... I really can appreciate whatever size they are...Oh ,,,,here's the jager....
    Yeah junior, he thinks I've really gone mad. I resent it too because I do NOTHING bad to relieve my stress, so this isn't even bad. I'll work on him though. *clipping the end of my Opus X, lighting the end the way I learned how of course. DRAT, it' lighting wopsided!!!! Kid......never played the sissy football, they always tackled me and I know nothing about those implants!!! *trying to light the lop sided end of the cigar.* Kid, I thought I was the novice here, at least I lit mine on the right end!! ;)
    Well I don't think cigars are all that bad. There are plenty of other things you could be doing that would riun you marriage. Did his parents or family have cancer or something? (puff, puff...retrohale)
    jr_p951:
    Well I don't think cigars are all that bad. There are plenty of other things you could be doing that would riun you marriage. Did his parents or family have cancer or something? (puff, puff...retrohale)
    *Sits pensively as I try to get the cigar lit right. Then a sip of Cognac* No, no cancer, but we both use to smoke cigarettes many years ago.
  • So yeah, I just walked into the B&M.. And I'm naked. REALLY naked. I'll join you guys in a bit. I'm gonna pose at the window for a while.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bout a good game of dominoes to pass the time while enjoying the smoke.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    jasonusa1:
    So yeah, I just walked into the B&M.. And I'm naked. REALLY naked. I'll join you guys in a bit. I'm gonna pose at the window for a while.
    HAHA, Hilarious!
    jasonusa1:
    So yeah, I just walked into the B&M.. And I'm naked. REALLY naked. I'll join you guys in a bit. I'm gonna pose at the window for a while.
    Gross! But funny!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    As I enter the B & M I see Rhamlin trying to get a game of dominoes started and I look at Rudy and I look at Jr and let them know what our intentions are .... I think to myself I am the luckiest guy since the bar here has Blue Moon Grand Cru and don't worry about running out of Jager peeps ... I got us covered ..... I spot Diamond Crown Maximus that has my name all over it, and settle in with some friends for a good time

King, I don't think I've had any of that grand cru, how is it? I might get a sample of that sometimes. OMG, somebody just walked in with no clothes on!!!! Let's hope the law don't come here! Big cigar....no clothes, gasp!!
    Yay! Dominoes! We'll get a game going while that guy gets his clothes back on! (another puff of Opux X now lit eveningly. Tastes really great!!)
    Salem:
    King, I don't think I've had any of that grand cru, how is it? I might get a sample of that sometimes. OMG, somebody just walked in with no clothes on!!!! Let's hope the law don't come here! Big cigar....no clothes, gasp!!

if you have ever had the regualar Blue Moon it's just a more potent version .... Only available the week after thanksgiving for a month or so and only in the 22 oz bottles ...... It's delicious..... I am not a beer drinker but I grab a few bottles of this each year.
    Double post
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    jasonusa1:
    I think we found the creepy uncle of this family
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Stopped by the B&M this morning, love that they have a gazebo in the back with a few outside tables. Of course it was close. But I know the owner and I'm always welcome to use the gazebo to have a smoke.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    and and some of the guys used to do a virtual herf on here through skype. that was fun

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    and and some of the guys used to do a virtual herf on here through skype. that was fun
    What is a herf? Wow, we have some good company here!
    herf is where people get together and smoke cigars. search SoCal Herf. I do believe its the longest running monthly herf! And the Blue Moon beers are pretty good!! I also like Alaskan. I am a beer drinker! Not much for the hard stuff. The liquor gets me drunk too fast and my wife says I'm a mean drunk. I guess being half Irish and half Native American doesn't help. I'm just dumb enough not to know when to quit drinking!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    herf is where people get together and smoke cigars. search SoCal Herf. I do believe its the longest running monthly herf! And the Blue Moon beers are pretty good!! I also like Alaskan. I am a beer drinker! Not much for the hard stuff. The liquor gets me drunk too fast and my wife says I'm a mean drunk. I guess being half Irish and half Native American doesn't help. I'm just dumb enough not to know when to quit drinking!
    In keeping with the theme, I just popped by the B&M with a bottle of Grand Cru for my boy, Jr. Since I can't smoke right now, I just wanted to stop in and say hi. On my way out, I see a nice selection of Don Pepin Garcia cigars and spot some beautiful Blue Lancero's with the cello already yellowed and the blue band has practically turned green; there are only 6 left so I take them all, and at only $6.95 a piece, it is Christmas all over again.

Jr., in the non-virtual world next time we get together I will bring you a non-virtual bottle of Grand Cru. I always pick up at least 6 but always try for 12 bottles of this so I can have it until it gets released again the following year
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jasonusa1:
    Jason, is that a LFD Digger in your pocket or are you just happy to have some sisters here finally?!

@ Kid... I love your style... hand me the Jager I've got an old college aged itch to scratch and that looks just like the drink to do so with :P

@ Salem... who cares if it's lit straight... smoke that **** lol
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    So, now that Jason has his clothes back on, we are all sitting around the table in leather chairs shooting the breeze. Everyone has their favorite stogie and favorite drink going. I'm feeling pretty good cuz all you guess are so nice. I don't have any brothers, but I believe I do now! (sipping cognac), Hey.....do they play music at these virtual B&Ms?? Shoot.....my cigar went out!!!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salem:
    So, now that Jason has his clothes back on, we are all sitting around the table in leather chairs shooting the breeze. Everyone has their favorite stogie and favorite drink going. I'm feeling pretty good cuz all you guess are so nice. I don't have any brothers, but I believe I do now! (sipping cognac), Hey.....do they play music at these virtual B&Ms?? Shoot.....my cigar went out!!!
    Yeah they do play music... I think I just heard some Steely Dan "Everything Must Go" come in over the overhead speakers... and come on Salem, don;t let it go out, just suck on it a little :P
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Thanks Todd! I appreicate that!! I've never had Grand Cru. I'm not even sure what it is, but with many years of traveling the world for the military...I'm sure my liver is going to enjoy it!! (After a minute or so passes) There it is! I used my Smart Phone and googled it (cell reception sucks in this B&M), looks like a dark beer! I love me some dark beer!

@ Salem...the Irish speaks the truth! He taught another lady how to suck on it too! I think he even demonstrated.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    *** kicks door open and vogues with smart phone a la one of my favorite commercials***

IS THIS PARTY OPEN TO A GENTLEMEN WITH A BRO-STACHE??? Whats up everybody! And why is jason doing the helicopter in the front window???

Anybody want a Pepsi? I brought the whole six pack just in case.I find they pair really well with these Virtues, really been digging on these lately...