Home Non Cigar Related

Online Stock Trading

Does anyone here do online stock trading? I am familiar with the call in what you want and wait 3 days. I would much rather do it over the internet. What are some good companies since all I see is "etrade".

Comments

• I use E*Trade. Never had a single problem. Bit more expensive (although I'm sure it's still cheaper that the broker-assisted trades you're familiar with) than some of the competition but I like their platform above the rest. Feel free to pm me if you have more specific questions.
  • Lots to pick from...hate over paying for trades....might look at Sharebuilder....as little as $4 a trade or $9.95 for limit orders...My son and I use Sharebuilder...
  • Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    scarlin:
    Does anyone here do online stock trading? I am familiar with the call in what you want and wait 3 days. I would much rather do it over the internet. What are some good companies since all I see is "etrade".
    I used TDAmeritrade, they have great research tools online advice and easy online portfolio management. They call me every few months to make sure everything is ok and offer advice. Been with them for about ten years now. I love managing my own portfolio. However I got out of the stocks and went straight Mutual funds, less hassle and you don't have to watch it every single day. I'm not a day trader so mutual funds work better for me.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Scottrade
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    E*Trade for me, never had an issue, and they have lots of good tools. Some buddies I know use Fidelity too, all depends how much you are trading and the fees associated. I don't do a lot, maybe 3-4 trades a quarter
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I'm not a trader, but have brokerage account set up as part of my Vanguard account. Every few years I screw around with some individual trades, and then regret it. I think I might use it one of these days again, but to purchase some big old boring blue chip.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I've been on E-trade and TD-Ameritrade and Scottrade. I recommend Scottrade out of the 3. They have local offices and are the least expensive for part-time traders.
  • SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    Bucking W:
    scarlin:
    I used TDAmeritrade, they have great research tools online advice and easy online portfolio management. They call me every few months to make sure everything is ok and offer advice. Been with them for about ten years now. I love managing my own portfolio. However I got out of the stocks and went straight Mutual funds, less hassle and you don't have to watch it every single day. I'm not a day trader so mutual funds work better for me.
    +1. TDAmeritrade has a lot to offer. Its online platform is excellent. Its desktop thinkOrSwim platform is the best out there for active traders in stocks and options. It also has an optional platform called Prodigio which is geared toward automated traders but can be accessed by anyone as part of the thinkOrSwim platform's paper trading format. The good thing about Prodigio is it has a lot of support videos you can view. These vids go a long ways in introducing you to active day trading. Search prodigioRTS.net on youtube and you can view some of the vids.