Home General Discussion

Christmas Robbery

So i came home to a pleasant surprise. someone tried robbing my family while we were further south in culpepper. Merry Christmas!!! robber got spooked though because nothing was taken. Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Comments

• cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Is that other trip up against the door frame? Is that what saved u? Sorry bro!
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Glad they didn't steal anything, I wasn't so lucky in Oct. Came home from work to find my back door open and about 7,000 dollars worth of stuff stolen including my collectior coins.
  • slickricslickric Posts: 705
    We live-in a split level. That's a half wall right inside the door. It definitely helped slow the process
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Glad you are ok and the robber got away with nothing. Now there is an excuse to buy a large safe door with 3 two inch dead bolts within the door itself that all lock. Heck I might look into a door like that now that I think about it..
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems like its running rampid now and i only see it getting worse, a couple in league city texas heard noise and went outside and caught a pos breaking in their car and he shot both them , she has been released and he is in critical condition maybe not make it,, and they have 4-5 younguns that need their dad,, glad you didnt get ripped off and ok!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Glad your ok and they made off with nothing. I'm in nearly the same boat. A month ago I went outside to head off to work only to see an empty parking spot where my truck used to reside. They jimmied the sliding glass window and popped the ignition so they could take it out of gear and push it down my driveway...
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I hate a thief!! Too bad you wasn't there to shoot his @ss!
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Glad they did get anything. I spent 27 years in Law Enforcement and we never ran out of thieves. With the state of this country I only see this getting worse.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    scarlin:
    Glad you are ok and the robber got away with nothing. Now there is an excuse to buy a large safe door with 3 two inch dead bolts within the door itself that all lock. Heck I might look into a door like that now that I think about it..
    Dead bolts are nice but you need something in the doors way to stop it. Like the half wall. All they are usually breaking is the interior trim and a inch of 3/4" board that is on the inside of the lock bolt hole, If they want in they get in. Glad they didn't get anything.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    When You do replace your door instead of placing the dead bolt right above the knob place it halfway between the knob and the top of the door. This will extensively spread out the pressure and make it harder.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    From someone who has been robbed before I am truely sorry. You are lucky nothing is missing and that everyone is safe. I just wish I was home when mine happened. Maybe it was better that I wasn't.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear nothing was taken and everybody is safe.seems like break ins are becoming epidemic, And still the do gooders want me to give up my gun.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Sorry to hear it slick.Glad no one was hurt and no stuff was missing. Had it happen about two months ago approxiamtely 10 mintues after I left the house and I was parked in the garage when normally I park in the driveway. Let me tell you...I wish I had been home when it happened boy I swear as god as my witness the wrath of hell that would have been unleashed is....ok, deep breathes.....

Anyway...word to the wise about these break-ins, I know a lot of police departments are getting thinner and thinner in the way of help but you still need ot report them, if you don't report it they surely dont come and even if it is a simple heads up to the department you may get an extra look from the police in the neighborhood every once in awhile, which is a good thing.
    So last night me and the wife had a friend over an we were all playing cards in the basement. Well our friend left at 12:25 and called me on her way home to tell me to be aware bc our neighbors, who live across the road, were missing their back window on their car and glass was all over the place. I went outside an sure enough someone had broken into their car. I called the police and stuck around while they investigated the whole thing and gave my statement. I think I'm gonna talk to our neighbors about starting a neighborhood watch. This is getting ridiculous!
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Just had someone break into my car as well. Took some things but must have also gotten spooked bc they left some things. Just once I would like to catch a thief.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that is horrible. I'm glad everything is okay. I hate thieves too, especially burglars.
  • KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    get a dog, and an alarm system, you can even get the style that you simply mount near the door and it releases a piercing shriek whenever the door is opened. costs like $20 or less. truly sucks... sorry to hear about it.
    we have a boxer/bulldog/pitt bull and we are getting a security system
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    This is terrible brother, hopefully these bastards will be stopped. You were lucky nothing was stolen, but it suck you have to pay to repair your door jam.
    Sorry about your neighbors.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    slickric:
    we have a boxer/bulldog/pitt bull and we are getting a security system
    Just an FYI, research that alarm company before you go with them. I worked for a alarm repair company for a few years and some of the big names have horrible response times and other "BS" fees. I have found that in my area at least the smaller ones have the best response time and best service.