Home Non Cigar Related

Big Changes are coming.

kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
So as some the great guys here on the site already know and some do not I just wanted to let everyone know that I have gone through and am going through some huge changes in my life ...... Back in May after coming home from vacation my wife informed me that she wants a divorce ...... We were together for 6 years and married for just a month under 3years before this ..... No big deal I guess thats a chance you take when you marry someone 10 years younger, in 3 years she had wanted a divorce once a year and the third time I flat told her there no going back this time I am not a yo-yo and if she wanted it so bad it was on her dime .... She agreed and we finished a samall project on our house and listed it .... We got lucky and sold the house quickly ...... Bought for 125K in 2006 and sold for 149K in 2011 not bad we both walked away with some money, and its going to be an uncontested divorce we amicably split our belongings and are not going after money from each other ..... I have also since been promoted with my company and will be starting training on January 16th I will be in Long Island for 3 weeks then in Virginia for 4 weeks and then i finish training in New Jersey before I relocate from Buffalo, NY to Southern Vermont. I know there was a short period where I was inactive but I will try and be on here as much as I can while in training. Thank god for an ipad and free wifi at the hotel. Thanks Guys

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    So as some the great guys here on the site already know and some do not I just wanted to let everyone know that I have gone through and am going through some huge changes in my life ...... Back in May after coming home from vacation my wife informed me that she wants a divorce ...... We were together for 6 years and married for just a month under 3years before this ..... No big deal I guess thats a chance you take when you marry someone 10 years younger, in 3 years she had wanted a divorce once a year and the third time I flat told her there no going back this time I am not a yo-yo and if she wanted it so bad it was on her dime .... She agreed and we finished a samall project on our house and listed it .... We got lucky and sold the house quickly ...... Bought for 125K in 2006 and sold for 149K in 2011 not bad we both walked away with some money, and its going to be an uncontested divorce we amicably split our belongings and are not going after money from each other ..... I have also since been promoted with my company and will be starting training on January 16th I will be in Long Island for 3 weeks then in Virginia for 4 weeks and then i finish training in New Jersey before I relocate from Buffalo, NY to Southern Vermont. I know there was a short period where I was inactive but I will try and be on here as much as I can while in training. Thank god for an ipad and free wifi at the hotel. Thanks Guys
    Wish you the best man,,Take care!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Best of luck to you Jim. Take care.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Some times things happen for a reason! Sounds like you have some good things planned in the future! Traveling is always good and brings lots of opportunities!
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Bro she did you a favor! Man I was married to a gal like that for longer than you and tried like hell to keep things together and eventually decided we could not stay together based on just my efforts. So I decided it was time to cut bait after 7 years. There was a brief period where I went through some changes also. But let me tell you now...I think it was 1000% the correct decision. I have a new wife who is 14 years younger and in 2011 we became first time parents together. We dated for 3 years and got married last Sept. Our relationship is better now than ever. So I tell you this because there is someone out there who will make you very happy. If someone doesn't want to be with you then let em go bc there is someone who REALLY does want to be with you. You shouldn't have to work so hard. A good marriage is plenty of work without dealing with that crap every year. So go get trained, make the move, smoke stogies and tell us what you are up to here on the boards because I for one know you will have the same good things happen in your new life!
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Best of everything to you. Life is too short for it to suck.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Jim, I am so sorry to hear that and truly hope that things work out for the 'best'....whatever that is, and whenever it will come. Unfortunately, your story sounds almost identical to mine....which is why I have been really non-existent around here for the past 6 months also....lurking at best. The thought I have come to rely upon to get through my nearly identical situation is 'you can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving'...and if the giving/love/trying is one-sided then it is unsustainable, draining and frustrating to say the least. My thoughts are with you Jim.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't always get divorced. But when I do, I prefer Simplified Dissolution of Marriage! No actually I do always get divorced! Times two, times two simplified dissolutions! I guess we could consider ourselves the lucky ones really.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    hey Jim, sorry to hear about your marriage. But at least it seemed to end on the best terms possible. Good to see you made out good on the house and made some money. That doesn't happen much right now. Don't be a stranger buddy and good luck with your new job.

"Long ashes my friends."

• SalemSalem Posts: 717
    I know divorce is a terrible thing, but sounds like you both made it as tolerable as possible. It also sounds like you have a fresh start on the right track. Good luck to you!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you the best brother. Sorry to hear about the marriage but if you are coping well that is all that matters.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    You got away clean. Many men would trade places with you. Good luck.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck with the job brother. What part of VA will you be in for training?
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:

McLean, VA .... Not sure where it is in VA though. If IRS close let me know I'll be off weekends.
  • kingjk729:
    smoke em if you got em:

McLean, VA .... Not sure where it is in VA though. If IRS close let me know I'll be off weekends.
    Awesome! It's relatively close to DC. Do you have dates when you will be here yet?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish you the very best brother, sounds like good things are in your future so keep looking at the prize and don't dwell on the past that only hurts. I know all about that wild roller coaster ride myself.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    jasonusa1:
    kingjk729:
    smoke em if you got em:

Awesome! It's relatively close to DC. Do you have dates when you will be here yet?

I should be there second week in February for a month. .... I'll have my iPad with to try and stay in touch.
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    jasonusa1:
    kingjk729:
    smoke em if you got em:

Might just be in town at the same time, add one to the list jason...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Good luck with training and wish you the best moving forward in 2012 and beyond. Make sure you get me your new address.
  • ScottCScottC Posts: 38
    I've been to McLean, VA. You are right by Tyson Square Mall. Check out Brio Tuscan Grille if you get a chance. I love that place.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    A new year is upon us and it sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Best of luck in the new year, and you will find the right one someday.