Home General Discussion

Help me decide

wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
Ok. So I'm trying to decide my next box purchase and I'm a bit stuck. I've been told by 3 people to just get the Undercrown, but I've never had it and not sure if I'd like it over the others. So which of the below should I get?

LP Undercrown
Room 101 Namakubi
Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon
San Lotano Oval
Winston Churchill Spitfire
Cohiba Siglo I
Bolivar Royal Coronas
Ramon Allones Specially Selected
Illusione Cruzado

Comments

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Dont know what you will end up settling on brother, but Ive gotta recommend against buying a BOX of anything you havent tried.

• Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Sniper's absolutely correct.
    I would add that there's nothing wrong with any of those, but the price difference between a box of Undercrowns and a box of Bolivar RC's is fairly significant. Personally, If I was thinking about a box purchase, it would either be
    a) Something I've already tried, or
    b) pick up a few and smoke them first.
  • slickricslickric Posts: 705
    Steve2010:
    Sniper's absolutely correct.
    I would add that there's nothing wrong with any of those, but the price difference between a box of Undercrowns and a box of Bolivar RC's is fairly significant. Personally, If I was thinking about a box purchase, it would either be
    a) Something I've already tried, or
    b) pick up a few and smoke them first.
    i third that motion. get a couple of each and try it. i love the under crown and think it will only get better with time but you may not...
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Same here...for sure I will try something first. But come to think of it I have bought some boxes of things I haven't tried. It always worked out but was still a risk. But there are a LOT of reviews out there to get a good feel for what a stogie is all about.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Actually, the prices for the boxes (except the Winston Churchill Spitfires) are about the same. Some ISOMs are surprisingly affordable if you buy it in boxes. As singles or part of a sampler, they're usually 15+ per stick.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I say spitfire. Just because I know you like them and I personally enjoy them
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    RASS, Boli RC, Siglo I, Winston Church... all great options IMO.
  • Would you be ordering the ISOMs from europe? If so, I'd go for RASS. The exchange rates are good these days so now might be a good time to buy.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'd probably go with the RASS, if I had to pick one.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    The Sniper:
    Dont know what you will end up settling on brother, but Ive gotta recommend against buying a BOX of anything you havent tried.

++++++++++++
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    wwhwang:
    Ok. So I'm trying to decide my next box purchase and I'm a bit stuck. I've been told by 3 people to just get the Undercrown, but I've never had it and not sure if I'd like it over the others. So which of the below should I get?

LP Undercrown
    Room 101 Namakubi
    Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon
    San Lotano Oval
    Winston Churchill Spitfire
    Cohiba Siglo I
    Bolivar Royal Coronas
    Ramon Allones Specially Selected
    Illusione Cruzado
    Instead of a box of just one of these, why not get two singles of each?
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    You definately cannot go wrong with any of the Siglo I's, BRC's or the RASS...
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    tell ya what... get me that addy and I'll send ya an Undercrown to try. Awesome cigars.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the input, guys. I'm itching to just go for an ISOM box purchase, but trying some of the new releases before buying anything makes more sense. BigT, I'll send you a pm. Thanks for the offer, bro.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    BRC or RASS for the $$ are great smokes...even SigII for just above that price range
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup...The RASS or any Siglo is a great buy!!