Home General Discussion

Tuperdor RH Problem

I just recently created a Tuperdor for my sticks after my humidor seal just busted beyond repair. It's great however the RH keeps moving up to almost 80%! I have crystals in there with xikar PG. any suggestions to get the RH in the right 70% zone? BTW hydrometer is accurate ran a salt test.

Brad

Comments

• greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Take the crystals out for a couple of days. I used to use 69* Bovita packs with no issues.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    greg2648:
    Take the crystals out for a couple of days. I used to use 69* Bovita packs with no issues.
    what he said! You might also try to not charge your crystals but just use a cup of distilled water in the tupidor. That is what I did and it is working great!!
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    I personally would just lift one edge of the lid so it's not a complete seal and see if that helps.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    chemforever:
    I personally would just lift one edge of the lid so it's not a complete seal and see if that helps.
    might work..............but might not if the rh in his house is high....
    A while back I gave my brother-in-law a small humi and bead puck, with the beads about 50% charged.
    Went to his house over Christmas, and it was warm and "sweaty" in his old house, all the windows had serious condensation, he had the de-humidifier going..........I'm thinking uh-oh.....let me see your bead puck.....sure enough.......way over-charged......all the beads clear.
    Told him to use a hair dryer to get those beads dried up, and move the humi to the driest room in the house.

• chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    KingoftheCove:
    chemforever:
    might work..............but might not if the rh in his house is high....
    A while back I gave my brother-in-law a small humi and bead puck, with the beads about 50% charged.
    Went to his house over Christmas, and it was warm and "sweaty" in his old house, all the windows had serious condensation, he had the de-humidifier going..........I'm thinking uh-oh.....let me see your bead puck.....sure enough.......way over-charged......all the beads clear.
    Told him to use a hair dryer to get those beads dried up, and move the humi to the driest room in the house.

good point it is rarely too humid in Iowa but when it is it is usually hot so the ac takes care of the indoor humidity a bit.
  • blindyblindy Posts: 23
    Great feedback guys! I think I may be charging my crystals too much. I fill the puck until it can't soak anymore PG in. Maybe that's my problem?
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Could also toss in some cedar sticks or blocks if you happen to have any on hand to help calm the r/H down a bit. Did that with mine and works like a charm. Just my .02 cents.
    Well if I could figure out how to post pics I would post my modifications to the Tuperdor. Went to my local shop and found a bin full of Spanish cedar cut it up and coated the inside with it. Also trying a boveda 72 pack to see if I can get my RH locked in.

-big lindy
    Tuperdor pics!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos