Home General Discussion

A group of special men...

As some of you are aware, I have been sending sticks to a Marine Unit stationed abroad...This is them...I cannot send anymore though, their mail has been shut-off as they will be returning in February...

Comments

• MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    didn't realize you were, great job and thanks.. Mike
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Very cool. I hope they return safely.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    That's awesome Paul, thanks again!!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Way cool spin, thanks for sharing! Have you been doing this by yourself? If so, you should give some thought to letting the forum know and taking up a collection next time - the BOTL here are ALWAYS down for a good "Cigars For Troops" cause.

Curious... why did you pick the unit you did? Someone close to you, is it your old unit, etc?

• spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Way cool spin, thanks for sharing! Have you been doing this by yourself? If so, you should give some thought to letting the forum know and taking up a collection next time - the BOTL here are ALWAYS down for a good "Cigars For Troops" cause.

Curious... why did you pick the unit you did? Someone close to you, is it your old unit, etc?

Sorry about the slow response...I lost track of this thread...I was given information from OpFTH (Operation From The Heart) out of Detroit...They do a quite a bit for sending sticks to various units...I asked for a unit that I could take on personally...There is no relation or previous relationship with any of the Marines from this unit (except, I am a former Marine)...Will probably attempt to take on another soon...
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    spindrift:
    The Sniper:

Sorry about the slow response...I lost track of this thread...I was given information from OpFTH (Operation From The Heart) out of Detroit...They do a quite a bit for sending sticks to various units...I asked for a unit that I could take on personally...There is no relation or previous relationship with any of the Marines from this unit (except, I am a former Marine)...Will probably attempt to take on another soon...
    Sniper is right, keep me in mind I'll help also. Mike
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool of you brother, sounds like it was news to most though. Remember to share in the love next time.
    Also they definatley look like some fine young men glad to hear they will be home soon. Prayers for their safe return to their loved ones.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Nice work! Looks like they had boat duty! I loved the boat!! Sure was better than 7 months in the sand!!
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    jr_p951:
    Nice work! Looks like they had boat duty! I loved the boat!! Sure was better than 7 months in the sand!!
    USS Mesa Verde LPD 19...They've been out for quite a while...

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    When you get another group let us know so we can show them what ordnance from the BOTL looks like.
  • Very cool of you, and glad to hear they're coming home...would be very cool if everyone was home!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    We take care of our own, Dont we Paul? Thanks For Sharing.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Great stuff brother! As an Infantry Marine OIF Vet I give you my sincerest thanks for doing this for them!