Home Non Cigar Related

Michigan Gov Replacing Elected Officials with Corporate Shills

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/03/14/michigan-gop-passes-bill-granting-power-to-fire-elected-officials-to-one-person/

I don't think this is the only state doing this or at least trying to do this. I hope it is stopped. Especially with what is going on in the EU with a purposed plan that would change treaties and that would essentially allow elected officials to be replaced at will without elections by the people.

Comments

• wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Not arguing this is wrong phobic, but the people have been doing a piss poor job of tossing these bums out too.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Kinda like Obama's Czars. Appoint a person. Let them do the dirty work.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    I don't like the "czars" but obama didn't start them, that was the bush's doing. I was hoping Obama would have ended it but hasn't not sure why. Could be he's a corporate shill too however it could be out of his control. Either way they need to go.
    wwestern:
    Not arguing this is wrong phobic, but the people have been doing a piss poor job of tossing these bums out too.
    Very true, however the one's that were being tossed out in the case above were actually trying to get things working. It wasn't what the governor like though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    beatnic:
    I don't like the "czars" but obama didn't start them, that was the bush's doing.
    can you support that one? a link to something that isnt an opinion piece would be great. this is the first time i heard of bush having Czars the way Obama does.
    i am interested in reading more.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's early & my brains not completely in gear yet, but I seem to remember Garry Trudeau poking fun of GHW Bush's "czars" in Doonesbury. No?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    phobicsquirrel:
    wwestern:
    Very true, however the one's that were being tossed out in the case above were actually trying to get things working. It wasn't what the governor like though.
    As is the problem in all cases.... I'm starting to think a government where men are in power can not be without corruption.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    wwestern:
    phobicsquirrel:
    wwestern:
    As is the problem in all cases.... I'm starting to think a government where men are in power can not be without corruption.
    The writers of the constitution said as much. We need to be a government of laws, not men.
    Then men will just distort the laws as they have.
    I retort my previous statement. http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1925564,00.html

seems maybe bush's terms got more attention from the media term czar.