Home General Discussion

How much have you dropped?

So 2011 was a pretty solid year for me. Financially, I had my 3rd best ever production year at work, paid a lot of debt off, got my Black Belt in a second martial art (this one took me 10 years to get), and (here's the big one) became a father for the first time. So to celebrate, I dropped about $350 on some stogie orders today...a couple boxes plus some other things to try out. Made me think about it for a bit. I can't recall spending that much in one pop on cigars. But I know others have and more. So what's the tops you have spent at one time buying cigars?

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    A lot in December...$220 on CCs, $210 on 2010 My Father LEs, and $144 on 2011 My Father LEs...the rest cannot be disclosed due to security reasons!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    are you trying to get us all killed here man?? what if my wife finds this forum? LOL...

not giving numbers, but it had four numbers then a decimal and two other numbers......(and it wasnt one a one time thing)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Highest one time purchase was $750. It was in 2009 for a Padilla Signature 1932 Limited Oscuro humidor with 45 cigars. Yes it was a lot of coin to drop, and in hindsight it wasn't a wise purchase...but what's done is done. Sure is a nice looking humidor...and the cigars aren't half bad.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Highest one time purchase was $750. It was in 2009 for a Padilla Signature 1932 Limited Oscuro humidor with 45 cigars. Yes it was a lot of coin to drop, and in hindsight it wasn't a wise purchase...but what's done is done. Sure is a nice looking humidor...and the cigars aren't half bad.
    Joe 17 a stick without the price of the humidor isn't too bad. Lol I only say that because I was able to steal 2 from you.
  • KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    $150 today. But I am just getting started. I'm pretty sure that there will be larger orders to come. :-)
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    At one time probably about $300 on a box
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    at one time?
    i think around $300

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    lcpleel:
    j0z3r:
    Joe 17 a stick without the price of the humidor isn't too bad. Lol I only say that because I was able to steal 2 from you.
    Have you tried one yet? I pulled one out a few days ago and the 2+ years have done them good, I'm hoping to get at least 5 years on them, well what is left of them.
  • $251.. Not too long ago
    j0z3r:
    lcpleel:
    j0z3r:
    Have you tried one yet? I pulled one out a few days ago and the 2+ years have done them good, I'm hoping to get at least 5 years on them, well what is left of them.
    It's funny because I was talking to Todd and Kevin about the sticks I got from you. I haven't tried one yet. Trying to figure out what a good pairing will be.
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    At one time, and not this year....over a grand. I still have some of those ISOM sticks, and they will be 10 years old in 1 day (give or take a bit, lol).

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I spent 150$ on my humi a couple months ago then my wife spent about 110$ on my Christmas cigars. Those are my biggest purchases.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    $240 for a box of Padron Family Reserve 45 when my boy was born. Then $189 on the JW blue ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    $210 or so.........I was under the Beard's spell........he kept dangling stupid prices until I was crushed..................I need to stay away from him now..................

• Mine was $550. . I've spent around $ 3,000.00 at cigar .com alone since april 2011. Best $ I ever spent
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Spent around 900 in one go... That's the largest I can recall. As far as total... Thousands, easily. It really is horrifying, when I think of what could have gone into savings, or retirement, that instead went into the humidor :P That said, Live Fast, Die Young, who needs retirement when it makes me happiness now.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    1400 on cigars on one order. Actually a little under but close to it. Got some expensive stuff along with a couple cheaper boxes like cao lx2 I believe. I haven't spent that much in one sitting for a while. Though I am planning on getting some ISOM's that are a bit pricey.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Those are solid numbers. I am probably good for a while on my purchases but (like you) looking to replentish some ISOMs in the near future.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    After spending stupid amounts of money on singles the last year at b&m's, I've decided to only buy premium boxes this year. Problem is...I am a sucker for good Internet deals even though the backend taxes in ca are rape status
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Ummmm, that's classified ! If the courts ever subpoena C.Com for the records... my azz is grass. Until then though... I've been keeping it reasonable ;)
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    My highest $700 for a box of Opus. I bought 3 boxes in a week and a half $600 and $500. So a wk and a half total was $1800
    As far as my fianc
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Think I have dropped more on lost postage than anything lol.. I prolly spend about $150 a week at the B&M. Seriously have to order more off ccom.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll plead the 5th, on the grounds that I may incriminate myself!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...