Home General Discussion

Cigar of the Month Club

Does anyone else feel that the selections have been so so for a while..... The package i got today is the first one in months I liked the looks of - one of the selections........Ive reallly been in it for the discounts etc, but I am seriousley considering dropping it..... Dont you think that the Christmas Package could have included some kind of Christmas Bonus Pack for being a monthly Subscriber? thoughts. .........

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I dropped mine last month for other reasons but thought the Sprintsale had much better deals imo.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    What was the selection? I let mine lapse this month.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hmmm little response..... so i guess everyones not in my realm of thinking.......
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Hmmm little response..... so i guess everyones not in my realm of thinking.......
    Couldn't say for sure Oz. I dropped mine back when we started to have shipping problems for Canadians. There was no way I could ask someone to forward a fiver every month on top of all my ordered stuff. Too much to ask someone to do, but I found some months were lacking while others were above and beyond, so I guess it all balances out.

I guess it would have been a nice touch to have put something special in the Christmas pack though. I really miss the COTMC. I liked the random stick idea personally.
  • Again, what was the selection this month?
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Jiffy78:
    Again, what was the selection this month?
    Try contacting a rep. and ask them.
  • This month:

CAO OSA-SOL
    Alec Bradley Black Market
    La Gloria Cubana Serie N
    Graycliff Avelino Lara 80th
    La Aurora Preferido
  • Thank you.
    Since we are finally about to come home from this deployment, I had them shift my order from my ship to home. Now I know what to look forward to.
  • I signed up for the variety so I don't mind so so . The review with them is nice. Some I like some I dont. If not for this I wouldnt try some of what they send so I,ll stay with it for a while
  • Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound like that bad I a cotm.
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I'm happy every month, I signed up for variety and to get sticks I wouldn't normally order, to try new things. Also ccom is very vocal about their satisfaction guaranteed policy, if you're unhappy with what you get you can always contact a rep and I'm sure they would find a way to work it out with you. Also they never send terrible sticks so if I happen to get something that I know I don't like I wait until I do a trade with someone who I know does like that stick and I send it out.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    jasonusa1:
    Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound like that bad I a cotm.

No its not and if you read my original post I stated that ..... my statement is that the past year most of the offernings fro me have been so so for the most part, i like a different selectin I guess I just havent liked all the what I would call Dump offs LOL
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I feel like this thread's been done once or twice in the past few months to a year, so it would seem that others share your opinion. Personally I started with the COTM for a year, paid up front, which got me some freebies including the cigar.com smoky humidor and a Rocky Patel sampler pack. It was a great start, and I wouldn't have had it any other way, but by the time the year was up, I felt like I knew enough to do better with other options like samplers. Sometimes I miss it, especially the review flyers, but then again I find the reviews here to be superior in many ways to those flyers, which are necessarily brief. It was also nice to try new stuff, but I think trading for that tends to be more fun. Personal preference though, of course.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Yea Oz, I thought the selection wasn't holiday worthy. Several sticks I haven't tried and was happy to receive, but "c'mon man!" Throw in a cutter or other "Holiday" greeting.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    The selections have been decent, but I'm thinking of taking a break for a few months or so.
    Anyone notice if their Graycliff was spongey?
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Russ55:
    I checked. No its' not. That's one I hadn't tried yet.
    beatnic:
    Russ55:
    thanks for checking. I bought a 5 pack off the daily deal on a few weeks ago, and all five were very spongey. Just curious if I got a bad batch.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Russ55:
    beatnic:
    Russ55:
    thanks for checking. I bought a 5 pack off the daily deal on a few weeks ago, and all five were very spongey. Just curious if I got a bad batch.
    I know what you mean. A few of the professionals were like that for me.