Home Non Cigar Related

mini vacation

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
tomorrow after work i am hopping in my car and hauling ass down to Cincinnati.

I plan on Rabbit hunting with my father for the first time in almost 8 years. Ill be using the 16 gauge (ithica) that belonged to my great uncle who recently passed. I cant wait.

im sure there will be some cigars involved too.

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Have fun in the "other" Queen City, kuz. Be careful with some of those rabbits, particularly the ones with nasty, big, pointy teeth!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds nice, have fun. And don't follow any white rabbits down their hole, I've been led to believe that can only open up a whole can of worms.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Sounds like fun, kuz; especially given the specialness of the gun. Do you guys use dogs?

The coldest I have ever been was on a swamp-rabbit hunt, one January.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Do you guys use dogs?
    we used to. the dog died back in 00'
    that was a damn good dog too...
    dutyje:
    Be careful with some of those rabbits, particularly the ones with nasty, big, pointy teeth!
    its the most fearsome rodent... look at the bones!!!

i have a holy hand grenade.
    And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number ... Read Morethree, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
    amen

one...
    two...
    FIVE!!
    three sir....
    THREE!
    Thank you, Brother Maynard.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I have not been wabbit hunting in about 27-28 years. Damn those were some fun times....have a great time Kuz and remember all your gun safty rules ....
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    amen

one...
    two...
    FIVE!!
    three sir....
    THREE!
    It's just a little white rabbit. But its got fangs!
    I soiled my armor, I was so scared!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, ah good old monty python... anyhoo, have a good time kuzinator!!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

I plan on Rabbit hunting with my father for the first time in almost 8 years. Ill be using the 16 gauge (ithica) that belonged to my great uncle who recently passed. I cant wait.

Someone call PETA, that just wrong hunting little cute innocent Rabbits. Someone needs to protest naked in front of your truck.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol, ah good old monty python... anyhoo, have a good time kuzinator!!!
    Umm, do I really need to point out to you that if he's willing to kill rabbits, it's one a matter of time before he starts killing squirrels. I mean, it's not like there's a million rabbits out there.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:

Someone call PETA, that just wrong hunting little cute innocent Rabbits. Someone needs to protest naked in front of your truck.

Sshhhhhh....before they start protecting rabbits from second hand smoke

I can see it. Ten folks with signs that say "Rabbits deserve clean air too" Ok, prolly not in rural Brown County, OH.
  • who is protecting the carrots?
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:

Sshhhhhh....before they start protecting rabbits from second hand smoke

I can see it. Ten folks with signs that say "Rabbits deserve clean air too" Ok, prolly not in rural Brown County, OH.
    You know PETA's headquaters are here in Norfolk, like two blocks from the B&M in downtown norfolk. They built their building over top of the water, during the construction they destroyed some of the few remaining natural clambeds in that area. True Story.
    PETA:
    People for the
    Eating of
    Tasty
    Animals
    heres a picture of the rabbit i got.

the gun is an ithica model 37 featherlight 16 gauge from the late 1940s. shot like a dream
    Sweet. How'd he taste?
    Like chicken. (Which is, IME, actually true of wabbit.)

urbino:
    Like chicken. (Which is, IME, actually true of wabbit.)

And thier much easier to hunt than rabbits.....takes 'im too long to dig burruoghs with just a beak

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Sounds like a good time Kuzi! I haven't been hunting in years but down here we used to go Dove hunting every year. I guess these days I'll have to settle for fishing and smoking... Nothing wrong with that though IMO.
    gmill880:
    burruoghs
    God I hope duty doesn't read this. It could send him into cardiac arrest. Dead mini-hockey players can't be good for urbi's humi.
    I let it go, Maddy... I've been going to therapy.

madurofan:
    gmill880:
    burruoghs
    God I hope duty doesn't read this. It could send him into cardiac arrest. Dead mini-hockey players can't be good for urbi's humi.

that was burrrr rabbit wasn't it?

dutyje:
    I let it go, Maddy... I've been going to therapy.
    Urbs lets you out for therapy?
    Only with a Lojack.