Home Non Cigar Related

DEER 'OL DEER

I drive 40 miles one way to work everyday and have done so for about 4 years now. I have hwy 321 construction that is a pain, terrible roads, rock slides, drunk college kids and a vast array of other nusiances to deal with. Today on my way home from work I collected a nice deer hood ornamate on my 2008 Toyota Camry SE. This was about 6:45 PM , and I have no cell service on my way down the mtn for about 6 miles. So, after a off duty fed ex driver takes me back up the mtn far enough for cell service, a call to the highway patrol, a trip back to my car to wait for the highway patrol, the highway patrolmans arrival and paperwork, a call for a wrecker, wait and trip back down the mtn with said wrecker driver, wife picking me up at bodyshop fenced compound and trip home its 9:15. Well, I guess it was against the odds (or Gods) that I could do it forever without incident huh? Will get to the bodyshop at 8:00 am tomorrow and see how much the estimate will be. As near as I can surmise probably a passenger side front fender, hood, nose cone, ground effects, radiator. This thing looked like a 600 lb. steroid bulked wildebeast of a deer as I slammed into him. After the sliding and cussing and subsequent walk back up to look at what I was sure would qualify for the Boone and Crockett record books I was bewildered and ( If  I  had not been so pis-sed) slightly amused at the pitiful looking  approx. 90 lb critter carcass staring back at me! Anyways thats life on the mtn ......tonight nothing to drink, nothing to smoke, to mule lipped but, nobody got hurt and Toyota's cranking out Camrys everyday...I think I'll go to bed now ....

Comments

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Sounds like you could use a hot tub and a smoke...sorry to hear about your bad fortune. You should get those whistles that you place under the bumper. People I know swear by em, and we live in prime stupid-deer-wander-out-in-front-of-car country.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Dang Gene, what **** luck. Sorry to hear about your car, but at least you seem to be okay, cars are easy enough to replace, but there's no bodyshop if you get busted and broken.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    That sucks Gene. I hope you at least get a nice new paint job out of it. The Camry should look good as new when repaired. At least you weren't hurt.
    If you think that deer looked big as you were coming at him... you should see a moose or elk in that same situation. Friggers are as big as an elephant when you are bearing down on them at highway speed and they just decide to take a walk across the road. Jeeeezus!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Sorry to hear about the unnecessary drama. Just think of the boost you're giving the economy, though!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    nobody got hurt
    Poor deer did.

Sounds like car troubles are running in rashes. My 2004 Ford truck that died once before kicked the bucket again last week. THis time with 80k miles it needs a new motor. I'll never by another Ford well except for the 93 Explorer I bought just to have somethign to get around in until the truck is fixed. Once the truck is fixed it will be sold and I'll be in the market for a truck, not made by Ford.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Sorry to hear man. I had a deer hit my S4 once but there was no damage. It ran right into my driver side front door. All I got was some deer hair. He however had two broken legs.

On a side note, I had a mom in a mini van filled with kids slam into my S4 and destroy everything from the passenger side rear door back including bending the whole suspension. How the F do you bend a steel piston in a shock? He hit me hard enough to do it and all she got was a messed up bumper. Women driving minivans are worse than deer!
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    That's a shame, all the way around.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thanks guys I appreciate the good thoughts. Just talked to the bodyshop and the preliminary estimate is 3252.47. And even better I can hopefully have my car back first part of next week ....critters in the road suck ..
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Got my car back today woohoo!!! Everything from replaced parts to finish was first rate work-looks excellent....very glad to be back in my own ride .....damn deer !!!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Excellent, gm. Next time you go hunting, try a gun.