Home Cigar 101

cellophane-what's the real scoop

Most of the cigar sites I've read say to take it off. I lot of what I read here says to leave it on. Why ? Or why not? Will my cigars keep the right rh when they are wrapped up?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yes they will keep the proper RH when celloed. It doesn't matter if you leave it on or take it off, do what you please. Leaving it on helps protect the cigar from the nicks and cracks it can receive from normal handling. No real scoop, just preference.
  • EJS54EJS54 Posts: 12
    I have not had any RH issues while wrapped up. If they are a little dry at first and I'm going to smoke them in a few days I might unwrap them. All of my cigars are usually demoted form the humi/igloodor into my travel pack before being smoked so that's another reason I leave them on. Some people talk about blending if you have different types stacked together but I cant say anything about that.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    EJS54:
    I have not had any RH issues while wrapped up. If they are a little dry at first and I'm going to smoke them in a few days I might unwrap them. All of my cigars are usually demoted form the humi/igloodor into my travel pack before being smoked so that's another reason I leave them on. Some people talk about blending if you have different types stacked together but I cant say anything about that.
    Only if your planning on aging them for several years, but unless you have extra special taste glands you'll probably never notice... depending on cigars around.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    EJS54:
    Some people talk about blending
    They word you are looking for here is marrying, not blending. Its not something I worry about too much but over long periods of time it is possible. THe only thing I would strongly recommend against is putting an infused cigar in with non infused sticks. THey will definetly marry and quickly.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    ive never detected a difference between cigars that have been celloed and bare. but I usually try to leave them on to protect the wrapper when I dig around franticaly with my clumsy mits. also helps keep tabaco crumbs out of my shirt pocket.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    jihiggs:
    ive never detected a difference between cigars that have been celloed and bare. but I usually try to leave them on to protect the wrapper when I dig around franticaly with my clumsy mits. also helps keep tabaco crumbs out of my shirt pocket.
    I do the same.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    They word you are looking for here is marrying
    But but but . . . if cigars can marry, what happens to the sanctity of marriage?
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    They word you are looking for here is marrying
    But but but . . . if cigars can marry, what happens to the sanctity of marriage?
    As long as their not the same sex ...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    How can you tell which ones are Romeos and which ones are Julietas?
    The females always come with cello. No male would ever voluntarily put protection on.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    The females always come with cello. No male would ever voluntarily put protection on.
    you guys are terrible!

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    madurofan:
    you guys are terrible!
    But honest!
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    The cello also gives me a place to label the date I got the stick.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Krieg:
    madurofan:
    you guys are terrible!
    But honest!
    well you gotta give them that much.