Home Ratings & Reviews

PERDOMO LOT 23, PLEASE HELP!

I recently smoked a perdomo lot 23. At first it was ok nothing special about what i expected. But then i got to the half way point and it was all down hill from there. And then the last third hit and i started to feel a little sick. I have not gotten sick from a cigar since my first cigar when i was a kid. And now i need some help, people who have smoked the perdomo lot 23 has anyone else not enjoyed this cigar?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Kod, you're not supposed to inhale buddy. haha Seriously I've heard nothing but good about the Lot. 23.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I have one in the humi that was gifted to me by another member of this board. I set aside a few smokes to last me until I fly out of here Saturday and that was one of them.

I was planning on smoking it tomorrow, so I will let you know how it goes for me.
  • kodkod Posts: 41
    I did not inhale i swear. I just got sick, maybe it was because i was so hungry? Or it could have been where i got the cigar, it was a local grocery store. I have not goten cigars at that store before and it looks like i will not be returning anytime soon. I look forward to your info ron.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The Perdoma lot 23 was a pretty good cigar. I did not throw it out halfway through ( I rarely will) but I would not go out and buy a box of them either. It is a Nicaraguan filler and binder with a Connecticut seed leaf but all grown on the same field thus the name Lot23. I would say it is Medium bodied but maybe closer to full, Maybe try it again but take your time with it and not on an empty or full stomach for that matter.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    rdnstn:
    I have one in the humi that was gifted to me by another member of this board. I set aside a few smokes to last me until I fly out of here Saturday and that was one of them.

I was planning on smoking it tomorrow, so I will let you know how it goes for me.
    Congrats on making it out of there. Are you back to conus temporarily or for good?
    I know have 4 lot 23's in the humi. 2 maduro, 2 natural I'll let you guys know how they go.
    Pilot, I am going to the military's physician assistant course in San Antonio. So I will be back stateside for a few years at least. The school is 2 years long and will give me a master's degree from the University of Nebraska and make me a certified PA.

Just tryin to line all my cards up for life after the army.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kod:
    maybe it was because i was so hungry?
    bingo
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    rdnstn:
    Pilot, I am going to the military's physician assistant course in San Antonio. So I will be back stateside for a few years at least. The school is 2 years long and will give me a master's degree from the University of Nebraska and make me a certified PA.

Very smart get all the education you can get, and become marketable, take it from an old retired vet contrary to popular belief they're not going to break your door down to hire you because of all the military expierance you have, and also toot your own horn because nobody and I mean nobody will do it for you....Good Luck and welcome back Stateside
    Well, I just had my Lot 23. Kod, I think that you just had a bad experience with yours. I found this to be a very good cigar. Full bodied, maybe medium-full. It had an excellent burn, no issues at all. The draw was easy and produced lots of thick, white, cool and flavorful smoke. I smoked this down to the last 1/4 of the stick or less when it started to become a finger burner. I would definitely recommend this as one to try for everybody.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    rdnstn:

Excellent. Congrats on a good plan!
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    kod:
    And now i need some help, people who have smoked the perdomo lot 23 has anyone else not enjoyed this cigar?
    I know I had smoked a couple of these and had to go back to my reviews to see what I wrote. I smoked the ones with the Connecticut wrapper (have a Maduro resting in the humi), the last line in my review was, "The cigar was nice, nothing great....the verdict is still out at this point". That was in December '07 and I haven't bought another.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This is one I'm curious to try. For the most part it seems to be a well received line, so I'm willing to take a chance on finding something I like. Well, I'll see for myself as I've got a fiver coming my way.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    iduno ... i had one once. i wasnt impresed but i dont remember it being bad. id smoke it again but im not sure ill go out of my way to get a bunch of em.
    I just smoked the maduro robusto last night. I'm with kuzi here, I wasn't impressed but it was good. It will always stick in my head because it is the first cigar I did a write up in my newly created cigar dossier. Not very complex was a little earthy, with a good peppery finish. Occasionally a cedar note but mostly just that light woodsy-earth flavor and black pepper. None of the sweetness that you usually taste on the tip of your tongue with a maduro. THe last thing I wrote was "good but not great".
    The concept is very cool though and hope it leads to a few more cigars like that. I like the simplicity of the idea, almost as much as I like the complexity of the idea behind the nub. :)
  • mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    Shoots brah. I got five natural torpedos, and five maduro robusto sized resting. Now you've got me worried. I've only seen good stuff up about them up untill now. I wont write them off just yet.... as it seems the jury is still out for them.... at least in this forum. I've had the naturals for about a month now, so I'll pull one out this weekend and let you know. I always make sure atleast one other person is smoking the same thing as I am, so we can bounce a review off each other. So, I'll let you know our verdict when it gets in.
    Well, if you find that you don't like them, maybe we can work a trade. I liked them enough that I would get some again. Maybe not a whole box, but some.
    ron, thats about how I feel. I'll buy one again but not a box.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I honestly loved this cigar when I had it. I'd recommend this or the Ashton classic for anyone who's new into cigars or just wants a mild but tasty cigar. The Ashton is a bit more mild in strength but a bit more complex in flavor. What I loved about this cigar (and I've only had one - natural wrapper) was that about 1/3 to 1/2 way through, I got this distinct sweet baking spice flavor. I'm not quite sure if it was cinnamon or what, but it tasted like fresh baked sweet bread. Seemed like a nice fall cigar, so my next one is resting in my humi for a nice fall day. I did however give one to a buddy of mine who enjoyed it, but didn't notice the "baking spice" that I noticed. Hope you'll give them another chance Kod (and hope you enjoy it much more next time around if you do). Maybe just a bad stick or stored improperly at that local store.
  • Just a couple things: What do you all think of Perdomo cigars in general. I was actually eyeing the Lot 23 and others, now I am not so sure after reading here. I am sure I will get a sampler or something but won't commit to a box just yet. Also, RDSTN, congrats on the PA program. I am a nurse stuck doing another job because of army needs. I wanted to go to PA school but I just had back surgery. I am glad to hear you got in. Best of luck to you. Lord knows the army needs good PAs. Enjoy San Antonio and the river walk. let me know if Diry Nellys is still open on the river walk.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I just picked a Lot 23 Belicoso out of the humi. I'll post my thoughts on it in a couple hours.
    dtrdwngs:
    What do you all think of Perdomo cigars in general.
    I have not had many Perdomo cigars, but so far I've been pleased with them. The rosado wrapped Cuban Parejo in particular is very good in my opinion. Perdomos are very well made cigars, and I would not hesitate to purchase the ones I've not yet tried.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Perdomos are very well made cigars, and I would not hesitate to purchase the ones I've not yet tried.
    I would agree with that.

In regards to the Lot 23 specifically, I found it to be quite complex. For the first inch, there was a very strong floral flavor, with some other subtle flavors. At this point, I wasn't too thrilled with it and wouldn't have enjoyed the cigar if the whole stick tasted this way, but the floral soon turned into cedar with a little bit of peanut, which was quite good. Towards the end, the cedar turned into coffee, then right at the very end floral came back.

I certainly wouldn't mind smoking this again, but like others have said, I wouldn't buy a box.
    Sounds like you had a better experience than I did. Time must be the key with these, because I smoked one shortly after I received them and was not thrilled at all with it....the flavor was just never really there. Now that I've had them resting for a few months, I'm going to make some time and give it another go.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    dtrdwngs:
    What do you all think of Perdomo cigars in general.

So far my experiences have been almost all great. With one exception, which I think may have been stored improperly because the wrapper kept splitting and cracking and the cigar seemed overall a bit dry.
  • Thanks everyone for the input. I ordered some LOT 23 as well as a sampler. I have wanted to try them for a little while now anyway. I will be sure and let them sit in the humi for a few weeks before trying them. Can't wait!
    dtrdwngs:
    Just a couple things: What do you all think of Perdomo cigars in general. I was actually eyeing the Lot 23 and others, now I am not so sure after reading here. I am sure I will get a sampler or something but won't commit to a box just yet. Also, RDSTN, congrats on the PA program. I am a nurse stuck doing another job because of army needs. I wanted to go to PA school but I just had back surgery. I am glad to here you got in. Best of luck to you. Lord knows the army needs good PAs. Enjoy San Antonio and the river walk. let me know if Diry Nellys is still open on the river walk.
    Thanks. School is really intense so I have almost no free time but I can tell you that Dirty Nelly's is still open. That place is great especially on weekends when the piano player is there. I used to go there a couple time a month when I was stationed here a few years back.

Also, if you like the Lot 23, try and get your hands on a Pryme by Alec Bradley. That is one of my favorites.
    rdnstn:
    try and get your hands on a Pryme by Alec Bradley. That is one of my favorites.
    I'm hoping this one lives up to the hype you've given it Ron. I picked up one about a week ago as I was remembering how well received it was by you, and I trust your tastes enough to try a new stick. I will say this much, I had an Alec Bradley Ovation camerooon, and if the Pryme is at least as good as that, then you've got me sold.
    Let me know how you like it. I found it to be very complex and the tastes of cedar that sprang up throughout is what sold me. I really need to buy a box or 2. Maybe when the Army finally pays me back for the mistakes that they have made with my paycheck.