Home Non Cigar Related

Watch that idiom

dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
One of our business partners was afraid of her issue being handled over e-mail because it seemed to get passed around from one party to the next without resolution. She said we needed to set up a meeting, "or else we'll just turn this into a big circle jerk."

She obviously doesn't know what a circle jerk is. I spent a moment trying to figure out if I should explain to her that she could not participate in a circle jerk, lest it become an arc jerk.

Comments

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Maybe she does know and was just being metaphorical?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Or maybe she has a bigger issue than ya'll have been privy to.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

I think she needs anger management

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Just advise her that "her issue" isn't being passed around to avoid resolution-its just that the banking business has become so depressing lately that its being passed around the department for amusement purposes only and once the hysterics have died down and it reaches the starting point again someone will jump right on it with the zeal of  a fat kid on a chocolate covered doughnut and your sure the outcome will be more than she had hoped possible.....of course having a large cardboard box under your desk may also come in handy about 15 minutes after she receives this and calls your supervisor ....
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    One of our business partners was afraid of her issue being handled over e-mail because it seemed to get passed around from one party to the next without resolution. She said we needed to set up a meeting, "or else we'll just turn this into a big circle jerk."

She obviously doesn't know what a circle jerk is. I spent a moment trying to figure out if I should explain to her that she could not participate in a circle jerk, lest it become an arc jerk.
    That is f'ing hilarious
  • cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    HAHAHA...explain it to her so she doesn't say it again in the wrong company...then ask her if she wants an ooockie cookie!!!