Home Non Cigar Related

new style off-road tires

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
video CLICKHERE

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something wrong,JJ.... The videos don't, uh, video. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Never mind - - - evidently it doesn't work on my iPhone but does on my PC. Sorry.....
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    i want these tires for my 4 wheeler
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Links to these pop up on some sites im on every once in a while. In my opinion they would be good on dry roads and thats about it, if you encounter standing water or sand the voids would be filled with it putting alot of strain on your vehicle, with no sidewalls it seems like side to side movement in fast cornering could shred them, and in mud it would cake it all up filling in everything; once you got moving the force would push the mud outward knocking the "tire" out of balance.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:

EDIT: Never mind - - - evidently it doesn't work on my iPhone but does on my PC. Sorry.....
    video CLICKHERE think they would be awesome for our military guys hummers etc,,,
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    Links to these pop up on some sites im on every once in a while. In my opinion they would be good on dry roads and thats about it, if you encounter standing water or sand the voids would be filled with it putting alot of strain on your vehicle, with no sidewalls it seems like side to side movement in fast cornering could shred them, and in mud it would cake it all up filling in everything; once you got moving the force would push the mud outward knocking the "tire" out of balance.
    I'm sure that's why the engineers decided to put them on the Hummers! They never encounter mud or water!
    jj20030:
    jlmarta:

video CLICKHERE think they would be awesome for our military guys hummers etc,,,

maybe its just the angles but it looks to me like stuff ive taken stock jeep cherokees through without thinking twice, now if they can show it plowing through thick, deep mud; or going upstream at a forty five degree angle to cross a creek i'd be more impressed.
    After hearing things my uncle has talked about doing in Humvees in Kuwait the only "hummers" i can see them on practically is the h2, and then the thing might be too heavy!
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Looks like one would have to purchase rims with each set of these...Wonder how they are mounted to the rim...What kink of road noise at, let's say, 65 MPH????????