Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Anyone having trouble staying logged in?

HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
I keep getting kicked off the site. Sometimes when I log back in and go back to the forum, I'm not recognized as being logged in and have to log in again.

I end up deleting cookies and temp internet files, then reboot and the problem goes away for a while. Then it starts happening again. i.e. I'll be browsing the forums while logged in, then all of the sudden I'm not logged in.

I figure it's an IE issue. Any ideas from my more technologically savvy BOTLs?

Comments

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    No problems on firefox for me
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    But now that you jinxed my *** I got thrown out..
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    no problems here.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    no troubles for me with Chrome
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I had some issues a while ago... now things are running smoothly. I didnt have enough time with the problem to troubleshoot it. I'll try it with IE, but your best bet is to ditch that browser entirely, and use Chrome (or Firefox, but I prefer Chrome)
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    No issues here. I'm on a Macbook Pro using Firefox.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I'm always automatically logged into the forums when I come to the site, but when browsing deals, it kicks me out every couple of pages....
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    taythegibs:
    no troubles for me with Chrome
    +1
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I checked with IT and it just has something to do how long the session holds your information to keep load on the servers down. Pretty much if you hang on a page for 20 minutes and then go to something else is may log you out and not hold the session.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    ...... Pretty much if you hang on a page for 20 minutes and then go to something else is may log you out and not hold the session.
    You have to refresh the daily Hottie page more often, that and DD's "what did you get today." posts.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    I checked with IT and it just has something to do how long the session holds your information to keep load on the servers down. Pretty much if you hang on a page for 20 minutes and then go to something else is may log you out and not hold the session.
    Thanks Andrew! I still think I may have something weird going on. For instance earlier today I got kicked off. Logged in and was able to see my account info. Went to the forums and boom, I'm no longer logged in. This happens several time in a row. Oh well, I may run a diagnostic or something.