Home Non Cigar Related

Star Wars Old Republic

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
So who plays? I was able to get the game itself for free so I am going to give it a shot for a couple months.
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I got into it at the beginning of the month. It's good so far. The story telling is really drawing me in. It seems like, if you take your time, there is alot to uncover. Game play is. Graphics are good. It reminds me alot of vanilla WOW (before all the fun was taken out). There are, of course, some growing pains with the game. They do alot of patches. The game goes down every Tuesday early morning for maintenance and patches. Just like WOW. I haven't had any issues with the game itself so i can't say how their customer service is. Overall I like it. I'll stay with it for a few more months.
  • I play and I love it!!! Of course I love all Bioware game, with the exception of the game that can't be named... DA2...
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I should be getting it in the mail soon. Also picking up a new vid card and a new processor hopefully soon.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Its a fun game the story sucks you in pretty quick. What server do you all play on?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The commercial for this game looks fantastic. Might have to get it, (along with mass effect 3)

"Long ashes my friends."

• scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Only computer right?
    scarlin:
    Only computer right?
    Yes sir. Im upgrading my system just for this game.
    Krieg:
    The commercial for this game looks fantastic. Might have to get it, (along with mass effect 3)
    I still havent played the 2nd.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Krieg:
    That's ok, I still haven't played the 1st ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Krieg:
    JSaint:
    Krieg:
    That's ok, I still haven't played the 1st ;)
    OMG Krieg! You are finally going to play a MMO? haha!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    As a star wars nut I have wanted to check this game out, though I have an issue with a monthly fee on top of buying the game. Plus the time devoted for it. I logged so many hours playing skyrim. I loved the first two republic games bio ware put out though. Maybe I'll get it one day.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Have several co-workers and buddies that play the hell out of it. I recall the 1st one and it was great. Good story line and graphics. I'm with you here squirrel, hard to sit down and do some gaming when I have a little one destroying the house. LOL. The month fee doesn't bug me...sounds like cheap entertainment. Whats the fee? 15.00 per month? .53 cents a day isn't too shabby, might have to check this out. Might be something to do until golf/camping/fishing arrives.
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Im working on my 5th 50 now and still loving it. Story line is amazing and as long as youve got a good group of people to play with end game content is pretty sweet so far as well.