Home Cigar 101

Xikar

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Anyone have a Xikar i2 cutter? I have one and it seems as though it catches at the top where the blades come together. Its not the blades that catch but above them under the outer edge. I'm wondering since the handles are made of plastic that they are somehow uneven or something. I've been eying the I3 and wondered if they don't have that problem. Anyone have the 411?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    All I know about Xikar is that if you are having an issue, send it back and they will either fix or replace for you. I have been eying the i3 also. Possibly in carbon fiber.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have too, my shop has the carbon fiber and I really dig it. I have to get my 007 sharpened, I'm going to ask my dealer on it before I mail it out. The cutter though, I'm going to try to do that while I'm there too. I'm just wondering if it's common for the I2's to do that.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I have the one with the composite frame, I have had no issues with mine, but then I have only used it maybe 8-9 times.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I have had a i2 before and had similar issues...just binding up a bit and such. I now have a i3 zebra wood. I actually have had it for almost 9 months. Never had any of those problems with it, but have played with it so much that the Zebrawood hands fell off/came unglued. I have since sent it back and they replaced it. I also have a 007 punch that always unscrewed itself and the blade was dinged up a bit. I sent it back today. After experiencing some issues with the 007 getting dinged up, I sprung for the 008. I love it. No issues so far.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    bbc020:
    I have had a i2 before and had similar issues...just binding up a bit and such. I now have a i3 zebra wood. I actually have had it for almost 9 months. Never had any of those problems with it, but have played with it so much that the Zebrawood hands fell off/came unglued. I have since sent it back and they replaced it. I also have a 007 punch that always unscrewed itself and the blade was dinged up a bit. I sent it back today. After experiencing some issues with the 007 getting dinged up, I sprung for the 008. I love it. No issues so far.

Order more cigars Brandon...you need something to do with those hands that won't cause anything to tear up or you to go blind hahahah ...just kiddin 'bro ...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    You've been mighty frisky lately, gm. The missus out of town?
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    urbino:

Not this week...although she is a bit undr the weather and going to bed early ...
    gmill880:
    urbino:

Not this week...although she is a bit undr the weather and going to bed early ...
    lol
    bbc020:
    wish I knew this before I got the I2... well I'm going to get a i3. nice to know I'm not the only one. Yeah I love the 08. about how long did it take to get your stuff back from them? it took about a month to get my free pouch for my cutter.
    after sending stuff back to them...it really only took about 2-3 weeks
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have the Xikar Titantium, great cutter no issues. What is this about a free pouch for your cutter?

"Long ashes my friends."

If you register your product at Xikar's website, they will send you a free leather pouch for your cutter or lighter...whichever you have
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    sweet, guess I'll be registering my cutter this weekend ;) thx for the info

"Long ashes my friends."

just ordered an i3 ****. and btw the case for the cutter is nice, just need to get one for the lighter...
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    phobicsquirrel:
    just ordered an i3 ****. and btw the case for the cutter is nice, just need to get one for the lighter...
    That's nice, feebs.. but what are you gonna do with just one ****?
    lol, ummm milk it..
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol, ummm milk it..
    mmmm.. milk... careful, feebs.. you got a little 'stache
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive been toying with a Xi2 as well. i dont smoke many torps and thats the only type of cigar i cut with a double guillotine. im not sure if it will be worth it.

and we all know the wife wont buy me one...

at least she has two ***....
    Kuzi, what is the punch that you use? I got a cheap one to see if I liked it, and I do, but it's got a relatively small ring gauge. I'd like to have a larger-gauge punch on hand, rather than be forced into the 3-leaf or 4-leaf clover method.

On a side note, did you notice that **** is only filtered in the plural?
    kuzi16:
    ive been toying with a Xi2 as well. i dont smoke many torps and thats the only type of cigar i cut with a double guillotine. im not sure if it will be worth it.

hey kuzi, maybe you'd like mine? it cuts and everything but I think it has some catching or something in the top. hell maybe you could send it back and they'd send you a new one that works.. lmk
    dutyje:
    Kuzi, what is the punch that you use? I got a cheap one to see if I liked it, and I do, but it's got a relatively small ring gauge. I'd like to have a larger-gauge punch on hand, rather than be forced into the 3-leaf or 4-leaf clover method.

geez... i dont remember. to be honest i think i got it from another site. its cheap but its a larger ring. ill see if i can find the link and send it via PM later.

phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:

hey kuzi, maybe you'd like mine? it cuts and everything but I think it has some catching or something in the top. hell maybe you could send it back and they'd send you a new one that works.. lmk
    iduno...
    im fairly picky. PM me and we can discuss later.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    Hmm, interesting. So if I want to talk about the Blue **** or the Great ****, I can only speak in the singular and never the plural...curious. Might just have to call them ****.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    Hmm, interesting. So if I want to talk about the Blue **** or the Great ****, I can only speak in the singular and never the plural...curious. Might just have to call them ****.
    now that you mentioned it there may be an addition word added to the filter. And ten minutes in the time out corner for duty.. Hee hee.. he said duty.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Degenerate ****.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ... another that slips by, you can't call people degenerates here.
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Degenerate ****.
    wow, lol.. though duty's avatar is just perfect for this thread..
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Degenerate ****.
    i can feel the love.
    So I filled my new lighter with some vector, which was sort of a pain but wow, I love this lighter. large flame and it lit both large ring cigars fast and even.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Cool. Glad you like it, Feebs. I'll be giving that Vector butane a try sometime later in the week, myself.