Home Non Cigar Related

Living at home

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
Has its advantages and its FREAKING disadvantages. I get a text from my dad......"Care if I take a cigar or two?" I ask "what for?" He responds "So Dan and I can have a smoke, He'll trade you some beer." Back story the only beer this guy drinks is yellow fizz. I ask "What ones are you looking at?" No response. Ask again for him to send me a picture of them. No response. I get home and find out that he took two cigars out of my cooler.....AND DOESNT REMEMBER WHICH ONES. I am so furious. Who knows what ones he took. Maybe they were some Cohiba, or Camacho. Maybe it was a single I picked up in Florida that I brought home. This sucks and Ill never know.
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Hide all the toilet paper one night and call it even
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like Dad needs a little education as regards cigars, etiquette, etc. at the very least. I think it could be done without causing a problem if the right choice of words and demeanor were used. Anger won't help the situation. I mean, he needs to respect your things just as you respect his.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Well tough call here. Maybe point out which ones you would be willing to share, or better yet set up a small humidor that he can visit anytime. I am pretty sure that over that past 26 years he has provided you with more than the cost of a few cigars. I wouldn't care if my father smoked every one of the cigars I own...I can get more...And, I don't live with him.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Do you pay rent? I think the answer to this determines whether you just eat the loss or not.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    All I have are singles really and I have not visited them. Thats what the deal is. And I do have a seperate humidor that he can go into. I just needed to vent because its at a point where he thinks its alright to go into my humidor and not care about it. Never apologizes and has usually been drinking. I do not pay rent BUT I buy my own food. I pay all of my bills and all of that so hes not really paying for anything of mine so thats definitely not the problem. Ill just do the seperate humidor thing and the toliet paper thing from Randy lol.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Glad I sent you a video game. They cannot steal that, or work the PS3.
    Marker:
    Glad I sent you a video game. They cannot steal that, or work the PS3.
    HAHA no joke!
    Double post wth!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    move out to your own place, problem solved,lol
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Take a dump in his pillow case then he'll stick his face right in it which equals a total win on your part
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Take a dump in his pillow case then he'll stick his face right in it which equals a total win on your part
    mental note....do not piss E off
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    deejmemixx:
    ENFIDL:
    Was just thinking the same thing.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Direwolf:
    deejmemixx:
    ENFIDL:
    That's only stage 1...
  • ENFIDL:
    Direwolf:
    deejmemixx:
    ENFIDL:
    That's only stage 1...
    Looks like dad might get a SERIOUS case of pink eye. Lol
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    I did something like this in Basic Training, worked out fine! (but still not recommended)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • JSaint:
    I do not pay rent BUT I buy my own food. I pay all of my bills and all of that so hes not really paying for anything of mine so thats definitely not the problem.
    Well to be fair, rent is my single biggest bill. I probably pay as much in rent as I pay for all of my other bills combined. I can buy a box of exclusive ISOMs every other week for what I pay in rent.