Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Sporting Good Stores

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
I recently just purchased my first gun.

Savage Stevens 350 pump with the 18.5 and 28" barrel.

Crappy thing is, I've had it for 1.5 weeks and had to take it into Cabela's for it's double feeding (for those that don't know: it's when I *** the gun, two rounds try to get loaded from the magazine, essentially jamming the gun). I bought it brand new and when I took in, all they offered me was to send it into the manufacturer for they have a "ALL GUN SALES FINAL" policy.

Anyone have any dealings with Cabela's? I have never even fired a single round through it and they said it will take up to a month to get it back!

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I guess I can understand their policy, however they should knock 10% off or throw in some ammo or something, id be talking to the store manager then district managerand on up
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    I guess I can understand their policy, however they should knock 10% off or throw in some ammo or something, id be talking to the store manager then district managerand on up
    That's what I'll do probably do, I did have them send it out already, I'm going to see what they can do on a new pistol I want to buy. I can buy it cheaper from a local gun range/shop but if they can beat the price because of the mess, but mainly won't be going back there. I've heard that the fix to a double feed is just to bend a certain part back into place. I know it's knew and I wouldn't WANT them to just "FIX" it, but they didn't even offer or have anyone on sight to help. It was just "WE'LL SEND IT OUT, FILL THIS PAPERWORK OUT, COME BACK IN A MONTH"
  • Options
    Un_SubUn_Sub Posts: 210
    You may want to look around when you buy your pistol and find a gun shop that has a gun smith on site. That way, if you have a problem with your pistol,it can be repaired on site!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Cabela's is nobody's friend BUT Cabela's. And that goes double for Bass Pro Shops.