Home Non Cigar Related

My son's first fishing experience

ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
Well my son (2 years old) was invited to a fishing birthday party at a stocked you fish. I bought him his very own fishing pole (Spiderman) last weekend. My father-in-law bought him his first tacklebox on Thursday. Yesterday, he cast like a champ and was able to catch 2 rainbow trout about 11-12 inches, he had a blast.
Last night we had his 2 fish breaded in a cornmeal/flour mix and pan fried, grits, black-eyed peas and collard greens.
First Fish on the line.
Removing the hook
Touching his first fish

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    Well my son (2 years old) was invited to a fishing birthday party at a stocked you fish. I bought him his very own fishing pole (Spiderman) last weekend. My father-in-law bought him his first tacklebox on Thursday. Yesterday, he cast like a champ and was able to catch 2 rainbow trout about 11-12 inches, he had a blast.
    Last night we had his 2 fish breaded in a cornmeal/flour mix and pan fried, grits, black-eyed peas and collard greens.
    First Fish on the line.
    Removing the hook
    Touching his first fish

Way to go, Dad. What an experience!! These are memories you'll treasure.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Hooray for lil man. Congrats to you pops
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Thats aweaome! Have`em fishing for pinks n kings in no time!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    ShotgunJohn:
    First Fish on the line.
    Removing the hook
    Touching his first fish
    Cool. You'll remember it till you die. I still have the scars to prove it. LOL
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome brother. Cherish that moment as I did with my son.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, that is what life is all about. I remember tyose days with my girls before they crew up on me way too fast!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Congrats to papa and the li'l guy . Spiderman Fishing Pole - less than $50 ... New Tackle Box -same ... Memories = Priceless !!!!!!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Thanks guys, yep it was fantastic, he has been getting excited every time he sees the pictures.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Great father and son time. Congrats!!!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome, brother! I'm not a big fisherman, but I remember the first time my kids helped me turn wrenches on a car or bike, a the cheesy grins with oil/grease smears on their cheeks. Those are the memories that transcend time. Congrats to you and the lil' bro!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Very cool man.

• rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Awesome man..thanks for sharing the pics!
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Looked like A great day. Congratulations to you and your son.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's good stuff brother. I took my future step son fishing for his first time last year and seeing the excitement when he caught his first one was so awesome
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Awesome man!! Thanks for sharing. My son is 2 1/2 years old. I can't wait to take him out for a little fishing.