Home Non Cigar Related

Balls as big as the Titanic

DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
I really don't care for James Cameron's movies. But today he started his decent alone to challenger deep (36,000 feet ). I can't wait to see the footage. We know more about the moon than we do our own ocean at that depth. God speed to him.

Comments

• jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    The trip is very fitting for him! If you see the list of movies he has directed, searching the Marina Trench suits him well!! I'm very interested to see what he collects and records.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Damn ... now he's gonna stir up the ALIENS down there ...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i find this very exciting as well. this is one of the last frontiers on our own planet. anyone got any links to pics yet?
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has a short video with footage from the bottom & has Cameron talking about it. It's short but the only thing I've seen thus far.
    LINK CLICK

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    This has a short video with footage from the bottom & has Cameron talking about it. It's short but the only thing I've seen thus far.
    LINK CLICK
    thanks for the link. thats pretty cool. cant wait for more.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    jgibv:
    LINK CLICK
    thanks for the link. thats pretty cool. cant wait for more.
    Welcome. And I'm with you - can't wait for more - depending on what's discovered, I see potential for this being this generations moon landing, IMHO.

I also read somewhere else he had 3D cameras on the sub and a documentary is going to be made about it...don't remember where I saw it or what the details were but I'm certainly excited to see more.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    It's supposed to play on NAT GEO channel at some point. Supposed t be in 3D too. I can't wait to see it.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    I really don't care for James Cameron's movies. But today he started his decent alone to challenger deep (36,000 feet ). I can't wait to see the footage. We know more about the moon than we do our own ocean at that depth. God speed to him.
    This is pretty cool, and Your right we should be exploring more of our oceans..