Home Non Cigar Related

Lost my job....

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
Walked in and got fired for some political BS today... Society in this day and age amazes me and I knew this day would come working for corporate America. Luckily, I went to school and have a little bit of cash to fall back on. I'd imagine I will find work again soon, but it was quite the surprise honestly. I guess a personal vendetta is what it came down to and the politics of a new boss wanting his guys to come in. I went out on top though. Soooo.......time to fire up a bunch of the high end stuff I've been holding on too!!! WOOHOO!!!

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dustin, that really sucks to hear, I hope something comes up real soon for you brother.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    That sucks, i went through a similar thing a couple of years back at a camp, new boss missed his old staff and ticked us all off enough so that we didnt come back for the next season. I can only imagine how bad it is for you but you will be able to get a new job thats better, positive thinking! Good luck!!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    This was political.... I was the boss and my boss got demoted. I coudl tell immediately that my job was coming into question, but I was excelling at such a high rate I figured there is no way it would. You do not fire the top performer in your company on a whim unless there is some bad blood somewhere. I managed 23 people, and 22 of them are pissed....at 1. In this day and age, corporate America will fire you for no reason without cause which is a shame really. I have plenty of money saved and will have to cut back a bit and sell some stuff jsut to be safe
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Sounds like you already have 22 references. It also sounds like you knew what you were doing and you will get a new job fairly quickly. Follow your bliss and let karma guide you. Good vibrations to you brother.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, that is incredibly $hitty. It's a shame how some companies operate these days - it's all politics and they could care less about your individual performance. Since so many people are looking for work, the attitude of the "higher ups" seems to be that everyone is easily replaceable - truly a shame.

But since you were doing well I imagine you will find a better job & with a better company very soon. If you have to go out, it's best to go out on top with your head up.
    Best of luck with the job search - hit me with a PM if there's anything I can do to help out.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Hate to hear this kind of stuff. Best of luck to you brother.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    TFBS! This calls for V Maduro's and a trip to Fresno!
    Jetmech_63:
    TFBS! This calls for V Maduro's and a trip to Fresno!
    And pics damnit!!! If you want to go tomorrow....I am DOWN
    Just ogt off the phone with a labor lawyer who is intersted in taking my case. Reason being, they did not interview one of the eye witnesses and it just so happened..........they jerked me out of $9600 of a bonus. I have the emails and policy and proceudre to prove it too...oops
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Damn dude,, Hang in there,,it'll work out!
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Sorry that happened to you. Good luck on going after them and on the job hunt.

• KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    sucks to hear dude... my company is starting to go down this road, now that the owner thinks our business meetings should be more like "the apprentice.",,,
    Already have an offer =] and my term check shows the bonus in the tax bracket....without the bonus in the check... And I got an under the table offer so maybe I'll just max this unemployment for a couple months and take up the under he table gig lol... Life...gotta love it. Good thing I got plenty of smokes to spare
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    catfishbluezz:
    Just ogt off the phone with a labor lawyer who is intersted in taking my case. Reason being, they did not interview one of the eye witnesses and it just so happened..........they jerked me out of $9600 of a bonus. I have the emails and policy and proceudre to prove it too...oops
    sounds like you are on the ball right now, i wish you all the luck in the world!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck with a new and better job!
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I hate to hear when something this **** happens. Sorry about this bro. Good luck to you on finding a new job. I hope something pops up out of the blue real soon!
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that man. Hope you get a new one fast.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sorry to hear this brother. One door closes and another opens. Will keep your job situation in my prayers
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Already have an offer =] and my term check shows the bonus in the tax bracket....without the bonus in the check... And I got an under the table offer so maybe I'll just max this unemployment for a couple months and take up the under he table gig lol... Life...gotta love it. Good thing I got plenty of smokes to spare
    Nice, sounds like you're coming out on top.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I really hate to hear that, bro. One of the ambulance companies I work for is owned by the county and it's so political that I've threatened to walk more than once. Keep your faith and things will work out, brother. BTW, package headed to you.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    catfishbluezz:
    Walked in and got fired for some political BS today... Society in this day and age amazes me and I knew this day would come working for corporate America. Luckily, I went to school and have a little bit of cash to fall back on. I'd imagine I will find work again soon, but it was quite the surprise honestly. I guess a personal vendetta is what it came down to and the politics of a new boss wanting his guys to come in. I went out on top though. Soooo.......time to fire up a bunch of the high end stuff I've been holding on too!!! WOOHOO!!!

Hopeing for the best for ya bro ... believe me when I tell ya I know EXACTLY how you feel .
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about this Dustin but sounds like you have all your stuff together and are in a good position considering which is nice. Hope everything works out for the best and I'm sure it will.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29