Home Non Cigar Related
Options

RIP Earl Scruggs

Earl Scruggs just died. The man was an American icon/legend. RIP

Comments

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    My grandfather raised me he always listen to Earl Scruggs! He'd pick the banjo and sing along with his songs. I used to love listening to my grandpa play the banjo. Not my taste of music but he loved it and I liked seeing him light up while playing. Music is his passion. He even built his own banjo from scratch, out in our wood shed. So to see him play along with Earl Scruggs was one of my favorite childhood memories!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Earl Scruggs was a legitimate badass. RIP.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I was raised on bluegrass and Earl was one of my earliest memories. I got to meet him at a festival and he was one of the most genuine and friendly musicians I've had the pleasure of speaking to. May he play on...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fortunate to see him perform several times, the first time was in Dallas in 1973, (if memory serves), then a couple more times in Nashville. That first time, my girlfriend wanted to see him, and I thought "You're kidding", we were more into Black Sabbath and ZZ Top, Jefferson Airplane etc., but when the picking was done I was a convert! Bluegrass forever!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Great picker. One of, if not the best. The Beverly Hillbillies always comes to mind. R I P.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Love me some Foggy Mountain Breakdown. RIP Earl.